375 H&H project (anyone?)

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
blackeagle603

Re: 375 H&H project (anyone?)

Post by blackeagle603 »

Thanks for the Boyd's impressions First Shirt. That's encouraging.

Seen any of them with the laser checkering Boyd's offers?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

No, all that I've seen had the standard checkering pattern, and while it was obviously machine-checkered, it is very clean and very crisp.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Well it just may come down to a coin toss... That or the leadtime I get quoted.

Guess i need to on the horn tomorrow and see what they can offer for availability & leadtime for a magnum length action. Then it's time for "you pays your money and you takes your chances."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

busyness, busyness, busyness... get back to looking at this more closely and reading up on the M70 375...

WHAT?!!! The Model 70 Magnum action for the 375 is actually just a long action with some internal metal hogged out?
External metal is same dimension as a long action?!

This changes everything (maybe). Or at least opens up some lower cost options.

Could this be as simple (and cheap_ as getting a used long action stock off of Gunbroker?

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote:WHAT?!!! The Model 70 Magnum action for the 375 is actually just a long action with some internal metal hogged out?
External metal is same dimension as a long action?!
Uhm, yeah? I thought everybody knew this: Neither Remington nor Winchester make what is traditionally known as "magnum action" - for that, you'll have to go to CZ or one of the myriad of custom action manufacturers.

And yes a long action stock will work, but unless it's a magnum stock, it's gonna be very unpleasant to shoot.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt