Optics opportunity

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Denis

Optics opportunity

Post by Denis »

Just a "heads up": today, I got the annual "the boss is on holidays" mail from cameralandny.com

I don't have any interest in CameraLand, other than being a satisfied repeat customer. If you've had your eye on something, now might be a good time to call: the guys they will usually do a very good deal on sports optics. Tell them Denis from the GunCounter sent you.
It's that time of the year again when I am off to Kodiak for a week of R&R. Cannot wait to get there, set up my gear, light a cigar and do some fishing.

I'll be gone until July 27th and for those of you who know me you know what this means.....Pretty much everything in the store is on sale as I want the boys here to be so busy they will not have a chance to miss me. Discounts of up to 35% are what they've been authorized to do (obviously depending on brand and product). Give a call, 516-217-1000 or send an e-mail:
Neil is cameralandneil@aol.com
Joel is cameraland@aol.com
This is a great time to get that Camera or Sports Optics gear you've been wanting. Buy early for Christmas, stock up on birthday gifts, whatever it is now's your chance to save.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000.
Have a great day.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000, 212-753-5128
Please visit our web site @ http://www.cameralandny.com
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore
D5CAV

Re: Optics opportunity

Post by D5CAV »

Their "new and improved" website lost the "demo scope" section, which was where I would usually peruse.

Is it hidden or are they no longer selling demo scopes at a deep discount?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Denis

Re: Optics opportunity

Post by Denis »

D5CAV wrote:Their "new and improved" website lost the "demo scope" section, which was where I would usually peruse.

Is it hidden or are they no longer selling demo scopes at a deep discount?
IIRC, there is no separate "demo" listing anymore on the new site, but you can go to the regular page for the scope model you want, and click the drop-down box for the pricing options. If there is a demo unit of that model available, you'll see it listed at a reduced price.

Better, do what I do, and call them and ask. I have had several unopened new scopes at the demo/open-box just by being nice on the phone, and asking for a demo unit. I find some variation of "what offer is too good to pass over?" is usually a good question too.