Vibram Five Fingers -- strongly recommend for fishing/stalk.

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Aglifter

Vibram Five Fingers -- strongly recommend for fishing/stalk.

Post by Aglifter »

They helped greatly w. getting rid of some foot problems I was having. They're also quite tough, and fun to cruise around the pasture, etc in. The anti-microbial stuff must work, as they don't seem to smell very long -- there's some odor when they first come off, but it fades rapidly.

My toes seem to be correcting themselves. Most importantly, esp. for any other fly-fishermen/others who fish from banks, they have fantastic traction, esp. on steep stream banks. I haven't gone wading in them yet, but I haven't noticed any tendency to slip in them.

I have the enclosed model, w. a velcro strap across the top -- only one in my size (Size 14, but my foot measured 12".) They're perhaps a little tight -- my feet are a touch over 12", but I don't seem to notice.

Strongman is FUN in these. I usually think it's fun, but running around in a pasture flipping tires, etc seems more enjoyable -- of course, unless it was a movement that required me pushing off my heels (I have a significantly short right femur, and have to wear a lift under my heel), I always preferred working out barefoot.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Dedicated_Dad

Re: Vibram Five Fingers -- strongly recommend for fishing/stalk.

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to figure out what you're referring to...

Some sort of shoe?

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Sounds like you got Morton's toe.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
jetfxr69

Post by jetfxr69 »

Yeah, I love my Fivefingers too. They're VERY comfortable.

I wear mine nearly everywhere, and they're a great pair of "extra" shoes when traveling (don't take up much space in the bag).
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Just my right foot is like that.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com

Huh.

Something like this would probably be great for me, but since my leg is so much shorter than the other I need the lift in my shoe to somewhat balance me out...

Too bad...

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I don't know if you have problems w. your arches, and I don't know how badly you need your lift, but even though I have to limit how much I wear my five fingers, it's really helped correct my foot problems -- I've noticed that for certain activities, such as flipping tires, or standing on a stream bank, I'm already in a position where my lift isn't doing anything -- I guess my body's correcting by angling my right foot more than my left.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

"Morton's Toe" - I used to say all the time that the ex could peel bananas with her feet. :lol:

DD
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

My friend we shot IDPA with the other day wear those all the time Ag. He is eccentric but they are an interesting concept IMHO.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.