Kommanders GHB and LAPolice gear bag review.

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Kommander

Kommanders GHB and LAPolice gear bag review.

Post by Kommander »

This is a project that I wanted to embark upon for some time, but kept putting it off. However I recently acquired a netbook and while trying to find a good case for it I got an email from lapolicegear.com announcing a sale on their diplomat line of gear. While I had ordered stuff from these guys before I was unsure how well built their in house brand would be, especially at the price. However I figured that is was worth a shot. I picked up their Bailout Bag to use as a GHB/netbook case and a Map Bag to use as a range bag. I also got 2 bal caps for 99 cents each with my order. Despite the price the bags did not disappoint. While I certainly would not use this stuff to jump out of an airplane into wherethefuckistan it is stoutly built enough to survive normal use with no problems.

One of my objectives for this set up was to keep it relatively cheap since it could be stolen from my truck. So I went to a few other places and rather than buying top of the line military grade equipment I pretty much went with whatever I could find for a decent amount of money. All told the bag and gear cost me about $100. That is not including some things I already had like the MRE, handgun, or some First aid stuff. I should mention here that at Big 5 for $14 they had a nalgine type canteen that came filled with first aid type stuff. While not top of the line I thought it was a good bargain and should do nicely once augmented with some stuff I already have.

As I said the bags are actually quite impressive given the price. The bailout bag has a neat flexible liner thing that work reasonably well and comes with a padded shoulder strap, though I covered the pad with my Shemagh. The two larger vertical side pockets have adjustable tops and can take a 30 round AR mag if necessary. The concealed pistol pouch with holster works well though I did have to play with it a bit to get it how I wanted. The long horizontal pocket on the other side is perfect for a bundle of 550 cord and a carabiner. Likewise the map bag works well and as the pictures show I was able to cram quite a bit into it. It should work well for keeping various types of ammo and mags separate while at the range, and even has a place I can put all my spent brass into. .303 is getting expensive. The map bag would also work well as a complement to the bailout bag. The map bag would hold rifle mags and more food while my equipment handgun would be in the other bag.

All the stuff and the GHB:

Dividers in the bag:

Velcroed in holster and mag pouch. This stuff actually came in the map bag, but I moved it here.

All together:

Range bag:

Top open:

Inside the full bag:

All the stuff that was in the bag:

Inside the empty bag:

Now after all this you may be wondering where the netbook is. Well according to the tracking info it's sitting in a UPS where house in Illinois right now because the keyboard did not want to work right. So there it is, the world most overbuild netbook case...with no netbook.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Kommanders GHB and LAPolice gear bag review.

Post by Combat Controller »

I want that mapbag now. I have had the bailout bag I ordered from them for 4 or more years. I used to use it as a briefcase. It is in the Tuareg now as a BOB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Oh, and moved to review section with a link in gear...
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

I gotta quit reading the gear section here. Every time I do I end up buying something. :evil:
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

My netbook is still AWOL. The guy from the place I sent it to to get swapped out said he would send me an email when it left, and that it should leave Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully it is on it's way and the support dude just forgot to tell me.