MagPul P-Mags

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Whirlibird

MagPul P-Mags

Post by Whirlibird »

Okay this isn't a full review of the P-Mag but more of a quick note.
Everybody and their brother has done a review of them since they were announced
and for the most part they are da snot.

However they are not without fault.

I'm expecting that I have one on the back docks right now from MagPul because I
ended up damaging one.

The lip cover clip was damaged from hitting the deck, okay a concrete floor. It cracked and came right off the magazine (loaded). It was about a 8' fall.

The magazine lips were inspected and no damage was readily apparent however the mag was not carefully inspected until later.

A crack, approximately 1/2" long was noticed running longitudinally down the spine of the magazine parallel to the seam mark but not following it.

The mag was still loaded with the same 26 rounds (don't ask) that had been in it during the fall. A cursory inspection of the ammo revealed bent and dented cases. I haven't had the opportunity to test fire the ammo or mag yet but expect to within a week or so.

An e-mail to MagPul got a quick response stating that I had a replacement magazine headed my way even without returning the damaged magazine beforehand.

While not a 'bulletproof' product, MagPul has gotten my attention in customer service and I'll likely be picking up a good number in the near future.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: MagPul P-Mags

Post by Combat Controller »

Good to know. I bought an orange one at the gun show a while back for evaluation purposes and it has run like a champ. This prompted me to order six for a deeper test run.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I have ten or more -- I've been pretty happy w. them -- haven't drop tested them, yet. What temp was it? I know pmags have had problems w. cold. If I ever find some, I'd like to pick up some steel mags as well, exactly for that reason.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

Bump the mag base and the next round will pop out.