Vertx Pants Review / First Impresions

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Kommander

Vertx Pants Review / First Impresions

Post by Kommander »

Some time ago I got a pair of LAPG FUBAR tactical pants. While certainly worth the whopping $12 a piece I paid for them they do have their flaws. Of particular importance was is way that they drag my gunbelt down whenever I bend over or kneel. This causes the admittedly too short uniform shirt I have been provided with to become untucked. The LAPG pants are also rather hot here in Phoenix during the summer. So I decided so do some browsing and came across Vertx pants. The review over at Military Morons is what really sold me on the pants, as the reviewer said that the pants were comfortable, maneuverable, and most importantly the back did not get pulled down when bending or kneeling.

The first pair I ordered from tacticalpants.com and while I was happy with the experience I ordered the wrong size. Unlike most other pants I have, these pants run true to size. Therefore if you have a 40" waist you need size 40s, not 38s. I sent them back (and will get all my money back as the shipping was free) and began to look locally. There is a single retailer in the Phoenix area that stocks these pants, ACE Uniforms in Phoneix proper. Although the places AC was out the girls there were quite helpful. Though they did not have my exact size they hemmed down a longer pair for free on the spot. The pants cost $43, $7 cheaper than tacticalpants.com and the cheapest I have seen them anywhere.

The pants themselves are excellent, at least so far as I have had them for less than a week. The pants are in fact quite "mobile" and most comfortable. They do not pull down my gun belt like my LAPG pants or crush my crotch like my 5.11s do. The also breathe much better than my other pants and are 'cooler" feeling despite being black like the others. If I had the money I would order a dozen, but for now I will have to settle with just a few until funds permit otherwise. The cargo pockets, despite not having any fastenings stay closed and the front slash pockets are nice and deep but not too deep. Due to the lack of any knee reinforcing and comparability small cargo pockets I don't know how great of field pants these would make, but I think that they make an excellent urban/work pant.
jetfxr69

Re: Vertx Pants Review / First Impresions

Post by jetfxr69 »

I was absolutely certain that a review of pants from Kommander would include a complaint about "too much material in the seat" or somesuch! :lol:

:roll:

:mrgreen:
randy

Post by randy »

jetfxr69 wrote:I was absolutely certain that a review of pants from Kommander would include a complaint about "too much material in the seat" or somesuch! :lol:

:roll:

:mrgreen:
+1
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

And no mention of leather or "fringes"

:shock:
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Or made a tactical underpants joke.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
cu74

Post by cu74 »

CombatController wrote:Or made a tactical underpants joke.
Somebody makes Tactical Underpants??? :o :o
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
merll2005

Post by merll2005 »

cu74 wrote:
CombatController wrote:Or made a tactical underpants joke.
Somebody makes Tactical Underpants??? :o :o
Yes
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I always thought that tactical underpants meant no underpants, hence "going commando".
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Yeah, no underwear is "going commando" I'll not give anyone too much information there. Although there is a rumor going around about Air Force CCT thongs, all false of course.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.