Component bullets cost too much.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Netpackrat

Re: Component bullets cost too much.

Post by Netpackrat »

Yeah it's kind of a travesty but it is what it is. Other forum where I posted the deal, one of the mods was extolling their virtues when loaded for 300 win mag.

Mine arrived today, just double bagged in a flat rate box that was partially busted open. The ones I ordered previously had at least been packed in a Lapua box inside the USPS box. They may be coming down to the last of their stock at that price.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Maybe I ordered mine before you; they were bagged inside a Lapua box inside a larger box and arrived undamaged.

Pretty pretty sparkly things they are...

I wonder if the 1903 will like them, but thats just iron sighted. I don't have a scoped .30 caliber except the Blackout, and currently nothing heavier than a .30-06. It'll still be interesting to try.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I have that blackout bolt action I put together last year which they should be perfect for. I bought some Matchking pulls from the other place I linked and I am planning to run those mostly in the SBR.

I kind of wish I could find the 120 grain projectile from the UMC supersonic ammo as just a component, but I haven't seen them anywhere yet. They are manufactured by Barnes, and aren't one of their regular component offerings. I did score some 110 grain blacktip bullets on sale a couple years ago that I want to load up to duplicate the factory ammo once I get around to it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

All this talk of light weight 30 caliber bullets has got me thinking about a 300 Varminter again.. :ugeek: :twisted:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt