Score!

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
First Shirt

Score!

Post by First Shirt »

Was over visiting a friend this evening, swapping some gun stuff around, and asked him if he knew where I could find some scrap lead, cheap.

He said "Is free cheap enough?"

Left with about 200 lbs of wheelweights, and 50+ lbs of linotype. Since I'm only casting for .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .38/357, and .41 Mag, this should keep me out of trouble and off the streets for a while!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Re: Score!

Post by Weetabix »

Holy frijole! Use good ventilation with all that!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Nice.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Spent yesterday turning 100 lbs of wheel weights into ingots, and today (with Minion assistance) turning ingots into bullets. We now have several hundred each of .45 ACP, .45 Colt, and .38/357 bullets, and a couple hundred .30 and .284 rifle bullets. Nobody got burned, nothing got set on fire, and they may have actually learned some stuff. I'm calling it a win for the home team!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Very cool
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

First Shirt wrote:Was over visiting a friend this evening, swapping some gun stuff around, and asked him if he knew where I could find some scrap lead, cheap.

He said "Is free cheap enough?"

Left with about 200 lbs of wheelweights, and 50+ lbs of linotype. Since I'm only casting for .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .38/357, and .41 Mag, this should keep me out of trouble and off the streets for a while!
If you mix it 50/50 by weight, you should have something close to 92-6-2. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt