Just started 3 Gun

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Precision

Just started 3 Gun

Post by Precision »

Hey guys, First 3 gun match in the bag.
I managed to not get a DQ, not be dead last on any stage and have a really good time.
With each stage I got better. The shotgun was definitely my downfall, but running a low capacity pump...not unexpected.

I forgot until the last minute to check my stash of birdshot and ended up making a run to Dicks (I know) never again and paid retail with poor customer service for the privilege. Side not, I had a friend's 10 year old tripplets with me. The cashier would not let the kids carry out the bags of shotshells. Store policy...really not going back there.

But to the point. Where do you all find to be the best place - online or IRL to get your shotshells?

Most likely looking for Winchester AA in 7.5, But not that sure yet as I will be using a different shotgun next time and need to see what it likes to eat.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
BDK

Re: Just started 3 Gun

Post by BDK »

Usually Academy runs some specials this time of year. Stock up during the run up to dove season.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Walmart has pretty good prices on low brass 7-1/2 shot, especially this close to dove season.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Congrats on the successful first match.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

Thanks.

Looks like Academy has the best price in super X. Looking or some cheap AA but now I know where to look.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Check the shelves at WalMart too. Different stores carry different quantities of ammo and locally they are very competitive.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
BDK

Post by BDK »

Oh, and congrats on taking up crack
Precision

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote:Oh, and congrats on taking up crack

Hey now, it is more like a good tasting scotch.
yeah already in the market for a replacement shottie. The 870 pump SUCKS. I gave up a SHITTON of time due to it and user errors because of it. Don't get me wrong, I would still have been far from competitive, but I estimate 75 seconds of stupid, slow and errors rest directly there.
BDK

Post by BDK »

Shotguns suck. I broke 3 in one day at a match
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

What was it about the 870 in particular running those courses?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story