Is 22LR back?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.

Is 22 LR Back?

It is usually available at some store in my area
52%
I still can't find it in my area
22%
I. Hate. You.
22%
Magic Brownies
4%

Total votes: 23

Denis

Re: Is 22LR back?

Post by Denis »

rightisright wrote:Somewhere I have a stash of Remington Thunderdolt. If the S ever HTF, I will barter it with my enemy.
Now that is pure evil genius!
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

rightisright wrote:Some folks have reported Remington's bulk .22 has gotten a lot better. I'll stick w. Federal bulk. It runs in almost everything I have.

Somewhere I have a stash of Remington Thunderdolt. If the S ever HTF, I will barter it with my enemy.
I keep enough Thunderbolt around to be able to show the kids how to handle a failure to fire.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

John_in_Longview wrote:
rightisright wrote:Some folks have reported Remington's bulk .22 has gotten a lot better. I'll stick w. Federal bulk. It runs in almost everything I have.

Somewhere I have a stash of Remington Thunderdolt. If the S ever HTF, I will barter it with my enemy.
I keep enough Thunderbolt around to be able to show the kids how to handle a failure to fire.
Thank you, gentlemen, those are good suggestions, I have about 4 bricks of the Thundersh** and heretofore considered it a waste of space I was too lazy to remedy.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I have quite a bit of Thundersh#$ but it's always been good to me. I can't knock it too badly.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Rimfire ammo is primed with a liquid compound that spreads by capillarity and jostling around the folded rimspace; some (maybe all, now) high-grade target ammo has the cases additionally spun to increase uniformity of priming. All the ThunderDolt ammo with which I have had FTF issues shows a single glob in one spot which was missed by the firing pin strike. My layman's theory is that the Manufacturer periodically lets the compound get too thick (Red-Eye Shift Quality Control?) and when it's discovered they just run the questionably-primed stuff into the ThunderDolt line and let us suckers sort it out. I can't think of anything else that explains the consistently crummy "quality" of ThunderDolt.

"Hey, it's cheap enough..What's the big deal? That rabid raccoon will die soon anyway..."
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Natchez has a rimfire sale going on:

https://www.natchezss.com/ammunition/rimfire-ammo.html

Looks like regular .22 lr is settling down at $0.10 a round, with the higher grade stuff going for about twice as much. That Wolf Gold is tempting.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Federal Automatch is going for about 6 cents a round, and regular Federal bulk packs are about 4 cents per round.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

I can't tell what the local shops might or might not have, I buy match ammo by the case from the specialty supply houses...which almost always had ammo in stock.