First .22LR in a couple of years and...

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Rich Jordan

First .22LR in a couple of years and...

Post by Rich Jordan »

I stopped at Wally World for stuff today, ran past the ammo display as always, and for the very first time in more than 2 years, there was a small quantity of .22LR ammo on the shelf. Not kidding; the guy who works there says they are even now only getting 4-5 of the 525 round boxes every other month, and a few 5-packs of the CCI 100 round boxes I saw today every month. They order more but none comes in.

However apparently the crook county mafiosa ammo tax kicked in at the beginning of this month. $0.05/round centerfire and $0.01 per round rimfire.

The base price on the ammo was current normal but I decided I'm not going to feed any more money into the county mafia. It is disappointing; I've been buying ammo at this Walmart (just not .22LR) for years. No more.

Sadly the nearby Cabelas is also in this shithole of a county so I won't be getting ammo there any more. Plus the crooks have made it illegal to mail order ammo into the county unless you have a license, so no online orders either.

I can't wait to get out of this filthy state...
Weetabix

Re: First .22LR in a couple of years and...

Post by Weetabix »

Yikes. What state are you in? Can you drive to another county?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Weetabix wrote:Yikes. What state are you in? Can you drive to another county?
Crook County Mafiosa almost certainly = Cook County Government (Illinois)
Jered

Post by Jered »

Steamforger wrote:
I hate Illinois Nazis.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Ding ding ding. Land of the fleeced and home of the depraved and corrupt. And we're not leaving until we can leave cleanly (so no pre-retirement move to a neighboring county unless the economic benefits would be huge and quick).

I'm close to the next county north, and about every other month travel west or southwest enough to hit stores elsewhere. But not Cabelas... have to go to Indiana for them now. I stopped at Walmart in Kane County last week and they said they'd had no .22LR in 2 months. If enough people divert ammo shopping out of crook, I imagine they'll just get cleaned out all the faster when/if they get any.

I stopped at Walmarts in Richmond, Lexington, and Louisville (as well as two local sporting goods stores I happened to see on the road) in early May while driving back; none of them had .22 either except one selling boxes of Eley for about 200% of the online price. Passed.

Ah well, I still have a few bricks left purchased before 2012.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Jered wrote:
Steamforger wrote:
I hate Illinois Nazis.
They run crook county. And shitcago. And they have both the state house and senate. Much power here the illannoy nazis hold.