Online Ammo Sites: who do you like?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.

Who would you buy from for good service/deal?

Aim Surplus
19%
AmmoMan
4%
Ammunition Depot
2%
Ammunition Store
No votes
Ammunition To Go
6%
BulkAmmo
No votes
Graf & Sons
11%
J&G Sales
6%
Palmetto State Armory
4%
Powder Valley
9%
SG Ammo
17%
Wideners
11%
F@ck you for living in Alaska!
11%

Total votes: 47

BloodlessWeevil

Re: Online Ammo Sites: who do you like?

Post by BloodlessWeevil »

John_in_Longview wrote:Widener's has now moved into the "no buy" zone. They want $10.25 for 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity, lead nose .22 LR.
I've had good luck with AlamoAmmo.com. They have Winchester 40gr M-22 for $41.65/500 (not including shipping) right now. Not like back in the day (or the free states,) but decent compared to "we don't have any" at the brick and mortar stores around here (southern Michigan, so take that for what it's worth.)
"I'm not in charge. I'm just goofing around." -Weetabix
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Midway is back on my good list but only when they have really good specials. They have one very important factor; they will ship to me here in crook county once again.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Durham68 wrote:
John_in_Longview wrote:Widener's has now moved into the "no buy" zone. They want $10.25 for 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity, lead nose .22 LR.
New owners. Haven't heard anything good about Widener's since the change.
Pretty much the same thing I heard.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

HTRN wrote:
Durham68 wrote:
New owners. Haven't heard anything good about Widener's since the change.
Pretty much the same thing I heard.
Widener's won't tell me if they'll ship to me. They used to be one of my two go-to sources for both ammo and components. I ask, they request my zip code since they break down yay/nay by zip code if you are in crook county but not in shitcago. Then I never hear back. Three times.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Rich Jordan wrote:Midway is back on my good list but only when they have really good specials. They have one very important factor; they will ship to me here in crook county once again.
And OBTW. Anytime you order from Midway, check your cart for shipping cost. Go back to the front page, select the 'free shipping' tab, find the cheapest available free shipping item and add it to the cart; its nice if you find something you actually want but whatever. $1.99 item knocked almost $6 off shipping for me today.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

luckygunner.com seems to be one of inatapundits former students.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Ammo? If you guys shot guns using advanced caseless loads (i.e. muzzle loaders), you would not worry about such things!

But when I do deign to feed my suppository guns, my go-to vendors have been Champion's Choice, International Shooter's Supply, and recently Brownells...who have been selling Eley match ammo at very reasonable prices (for Eley). CMP has good prices on centerfire stuff.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I just received (this minute) 5,000 rounds of this from SGAmmo for $385 after shipping. My 10/22 loves this stuff, so I bought it. The price felt OK.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jered

Post by Jered »

I bought 100 rounds of .50 BMG from SGAmmo.

They did good.

Delinking it is easy, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.