CCI #200 Large Rifle Primers

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
McClarkus

Re: CCI #200 Large Rifle Primers

Post by McClarkus »

PawPaw wrote:It depends on what you consider close enough, and what your reloading practice and benchrest technique are like. In short, it's not an easy question simply because so many variables enter into the answer.

CCI 200s are good enough for my work, but I don't insist on half-inch groups. Hovering around an inch is good enough for my purposes.
AhYup, me too. I have run through the game of high level accuracy measures and developed handloads for my Rem 700 .308 sniper rifle that have run well within sub 1 moa. Those days are now done. At age high 50's with corneal dystrophy I just cannot justify the time and effort needed to get to that level any more. A Savage 110 in 30/06 is my go to elk rifle and even now, I need to coax the buggers to stand sideways, at a respectable distance, and hold still for a little bit to make it count ..... The gas in my tank seems to be diminishing. If I hafta to kill something at 500yds I'm just gonna use honkin' big grapeshot in the cannon and be done with it.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.