Reloading Evangelism: new convert

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
evan price

Re: Reloading Evangelism: new convert

Post by evan price »

HTRN wrote:I should point out that you don't have to lube with carbide dies with straightwall cases,but running a lubed case through every dozen or so will greatly reduce effort.

I think the reason why you don't have to, is carbide is both very hard, and ground smooth.
When I tumble with walnut, I add Nufinish car polish to the walnut media. Gives a nice sparkle and leaves a film of the polymer wax behind to both prevent tarnish and lube the dies. I can tell the difference if it wasnt used. Its not enough to skip lubing bottleneck cases though.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

No, it's not. Interesting idea with the nufinish though.

A way around the issue of lubing with progressive presses for rifle cases, is to use a lube die, or perhaps Lee's collet die
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Greg wrote: I suppose if it were easier to find good dark lagers where I am I might reconsider.... After all the first beer I ever actually enjoyed was a dunkel.
Are the Session lagers from Full Sail available out there? They're surprisingly good for the price, and come in various styles, including Session Black.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

hey what about no alcohol at the reloading bench?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Greg

Post by Greg »

Aegis wrote:
Greg wrote: I suppose if it were easier to find good dark lagers where I am I might reconsider.... After all the first beer I ever actually enjoyed was a dunkel.
Are the Session lagers from Full Sail available out there? They're surprisingly good for the price, and come in various styles, including Session Black.
Don't remember seeing it, but I don't shop for beers often or aggressively.

Side note, the term 'sessionable' makes me want to choke the life out of something. But slowly, to make it sessionable.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr