Cheaper than Dirt didn't learn from the last time.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Steamforger

Cheaper than Dirt didn't learn from the last time.

Post by Steamforger »

Gouging ahead of the ban.

I refuse to buy anything from them.
skb12172

Re: Cheaper than Dirt didn't learn from the last time.

Post by skb12172 »

Fuck 'em...
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

If people will buy it, they are charging the market price. If you don't like it, don't buy from them.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Ignore this post. I was wrong.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote:If people will buy it, they are charging the market price. If you don't like it, don't buy from them.
This. If I'm going to buy ammo(rare these days), I'm going to buy from whoever is cheapest. It's why sites like ammoseek are so popular.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

I get the impression they are using a pricing algorithm. I really have no problem with it. It just ensures there is product available for those who just have to have it.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Greg

Post by Greg »

Durham68 wrote:I get the impression they are using a pricing algorithm. I really have no problem with it. It just ensures there is product available for those who just have to have it.
Yep, I said something like that last time.

It's effectively a tax on those with inelastic demand, I.e. "gouging". In a way they're performing a service - people who *have to* have it can still get it - but they're certainly serving themselves as well.

And I also will never buy from them again, not least of all because I'll never allow myself (partly through attitude, partly through prior preparation) to become that desperate.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Steamforger wrote:Gouging ahead of the ban.

Um, what ban? I've been offline a bit lately, tending to personal stuff, but I haven't heard anything about a ban.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

What was there to "learn"? They pissed on AR15 owners, then price gouged them, and we all continued to purchase from them. We learned 'em real good - that they can do these things and get away with it.

Can't blame CTD, this (and the previous ones) are on US.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

skb12172 wrote:
Steamforger wrote:Gouging ahead of the ban.

Um, what ban? I've been offline a bit lately, tending to personal stuff, but I haven't heard anything about a ban.
This.