Cheaper than Dirt didn't learn from the last time.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Weetabix

Re: Cheaper than Dirt didn't learn from the last time.

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:
Durham68 wrote:I get the impression they are using a pricing algorithm. I really have no problem with it. It just ensures there is product available for those who just have to have it.
Yep, I said something like that last time.

It's effectively a tax on those with inelastic demand, I.e. "gouging". In a way they're performing a service - people who *have to* have it can still get it - but they're certainly serving themselves as well.

And I also will never buy from them again, not least of all because I'll never allow myself (partly through attitude, partly through prior preparation) to become that desperate.
Thomas Sowell wrote something once defending the economics of "gouging." Basically your point about making sure people who really need it will have it available rather than having someone with no need snap it up. (Insert your own values for "need." ;) )
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Dub_James wrote:What was there to "learn"? They pissed on AR15 owners, then price gouged them, and we all continued to purchase from them. We learned 'em real good - that they can do these things and get away with it.

Can't blame CTD, this (and the previous ones) are on US.
I don't know about you, but I stopped using them when they jacked stuff up after the '08 election. Like others posted, it's their right to charge whatever they want and it's my right to shop elsewhere.
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

rightisright wrote:
Dub_James wrote:What was there to "learn"? They pissed on AR15 owners, then price gouged them, and we all continued to purchase from them. We learned 'em real good - that they can do these things and get away with it.

Can't blame CTD, this (and the previous ones) are on US.
I don't know about you, but I stopped using them when they jacked stuff up after the '08 election. Like others posted, it's their right to charge whatever they want and it's my right to shop elsewhere.
I wasn't aware of the '08 issue, but I'm not surprised. My biggest issue was with their temporary "ceasing" on dealing with AR15 stuff. They were never in any risk by continuing business as usual, but they did it anyway. It's the same reason I've not shopped at Dick's since then either, and I've no plans to go back.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
evan price

Post by evan price »

Sideways, with a rusty chain saw.
I didn't buy any HXP 303, even though I wanted it.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

I won't buy anything from them because they stopped selling any guns and ammo to CT.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"