School me on wildcats

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
First Shirt

Re: School me on wildcats

Post by First Shirt »

PawPaw wrote:Just what little I've googled about that new cartridge has me wondering powerfully. Edit to add: I wonder how the Sharps differs from the .25 TCU, which was simply a necked-up .223? There is really nothing new under the sun.
IIRC, the .25 TCU was pretty much the same thing, but the load data was based on the Thompson/Center Contender, and thus was designed around a 14-inch bbl. The .25/45 is based on a 20-inch rifle barrel. Looking at the drawings, I can't find much difference.

If it is an existing cartridge case, it's been wildcatted. Even the 6.5 Grendel is based off of a .220 PPC, which has a 7.62x39 as the parent case, and the 6.8 SPC is based off of the elderly .30 Remington.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
First Shirt

Re: School me on wildcats

Post by First Shirt »

Just heard back from the guy (company) making the Six5 barrels. If I have a left (or right) handed upper, he can make a barrel to work in it. Will fit it to the upper, and only charge $20 over the cost of the barrel.

Looks like The Minions are gonna hafta pass on the Grendel, but I don't think they'll mind!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom