7.62X25 Tok jhp's.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
toad

7.62X25 Tok jhp's.

Post by toad »

Well Ammo to Go had some Priv Partizan 85 grn. JHP ammo. I ordered a 50 round box, for carry use. I'll practice (someday) with the FMJ's. I felt kind of burned, the ammo was $18.45 and the shipping was UPS $13.14 for a total of $31.59. If I understand correctly the shipping price for 250 rounds is the same as that for 50 rounds......sigh. :oops:
Netpackrat

Re: 7.62X25 Tok jhp's.

Post by Netpackrat »

Don't bitch, at least you can mail order ammo. I have to buy whatever the local yokels are selling.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Same in crook county IL now. We used to be able to order ammo for delivery here but the machine crooks took that away.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

In our case, it's mostly because nobody wants to do the necessary paperwork.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

Well got the Tokarev JHP's delivered today. I hope I can get to the indoor gun range to check them for function and point of aim. Pity I can't put up some wet news print or ballistic gelatin for terminal reference checks. The bullets look good. there are serrations on the jacket. I cycled a few and they feed well.
As a side note: Except that you have to flick it up instead of down, I like the slide mounted safety on the "New" Serb made M-57. It locks the trigger and blocks the hammer but you can still cycle the action. Makes loading and unloading a bit easier and safer. I still point it in a safe direction though.
For some strange reason, the magazine safety no longer works, the hammer spring has gotten a bit lighter, and the grittiness is gone.
It already had a very short over travel and the reset is short also.