.22lr, I scored some.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
g-man

.22lr, I scored some.

Post by g-man »

Went into Walmart this morning to see if they had put out any .22 overnight, and it turns out they were going to be putting out 100ct boxes of CCI at 8am. They have a three box per customer per day limit, so I snagged 3 and then sent the wife back in on our way back by a little later in the morning. Sad that I'm elated about picking up 600 rounds of .22lr, but it has been so long since I've seen any (at least not at BOHICA gun show hoarder prices) I can't help but feel reasonably pleased about it.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
evan price

Re: .22lr, I scored some.

Post by evan price »

Yeah, my father in law this afternoon showed off his three boxes as if it were a rare coin or something.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
g-man

Post by g-man »

evan price wrote:Yeah, my father in law this afternoon showed off his three boxes as if it were a rare coin or something.
Yeah, it's a weird place to be. "Yeeaaaahhh!!! I got... plinking ammo." Ugh.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Yeah, it's starting to trickle out. I picked up two boxes of CCI Mini-Mags earlier this week at Academy, then later walked in to my LGS and the counter guy was unpacking two cases of the same stuff, limit one per customer, so I picked up another 100 round box. We're not back to the point where I can send my wife to pick up a brick of .22 as an afterthought, but it's starting to trickle out.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

My buddy grabbed 3 boxes for me. It's not "back" back, but it's not unicorns.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

The cure for high prices is high prices.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Once every shooter has "enough" (whatever that is) and the stuff starts sitting on the shelves long enough for the inks on the packages to dry, and the [strike]gunshow[/strike] [strike]profiteers[/strike] [strike]whores[/strike] snakes start getting stuck with unsold 15/20 year-old crap, yes. Prices will come down. Some.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Old Grafton wrote:Once every shooter has "enough" (whatever that is) and the stuff starts sitting on the shelves long enough for the inks on the packages to dry, and the [strike]gunshow[/strike] [strike]profiteers[/strike] [strike]whores[/strike] snakes start getting stuck with unsold 15/20 year-old crap, yes. Prices will come down. Some.
I hear ya. I was at an auction recently and some .22 ammo came up on the block with an outrageous reserve price. I talked to the auctioneer later and told him that those prices might have been reasonable a year ago, but the ammo was starting to trickle out and the reserve price was unreasonable. I had picked up the exact same ammo at the LGS earlier for about half the reserve price.

The auctioneer told me that a vendor had brought it in, had specified a reserve price, and that he thought maybe it would sell. He was wrong. That's the problem with setting a reserve price. Sometimes it sells, sometimes it doesn't.

As KdT told us years ago, .22LR is a commodity, and sells at the market price.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

high prices both ease demand and increase incentives to producers to increase capacity (supply).

Though not sure this 22LR crunch has actually resulted in any increase in capacity (beyond running existing factories full tilt).

Energy stocks took a hit the past week or two. Lot of chatter in investing circles and fear in the market associated with a decline in energy prices. pffftt
As with high prices; low prices are the cure for low prices.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I missed the CCI at Walmart last week, but did pick up a box of Winchester HP today, 222 rds for $10.97. There was quite a bit on the shelves, and it was still there at 10 am this morning.
Eppur si muove--Galileo