.22lr, I scored some.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Greg

Re: .22lr, I scored some.

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:Funnilly enough, When I checked ammoseek the other day, Federal Automatch was consistently among the cheapest rimfire.. Still not "cheap" though - I think the lowest price was 26 bucks a brick!
What? That would be 5 cents a round, which is about half of the lowest price on there now.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Denis

Post by Denis »

I was at the gunshop on Monday. They had plenty of 22lr. I got some American Eagle HV, CCI standard, RWS standard (new old stock) and Remington blue label. The price averages out at almost 7 eurocents a round - say about US$0.10, after my "favoured customer" discount. Current shelf prices here start about EUR 27 for a 400 or 500-round brick, going up to EUR 55 for the RWS match-grade stuff.
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

Greg, you are thinking 500 rounds. Federal Automatch is 325 rounds in a box. I paid 18-something each for them, about 6 cents a round. The stuff I found online, same box, was about 12 cents a round not counting shipping. I won't pay that for 22, that's more than I used to pay for Mosin commie surplus ammo. Fortunately, back when Obama first came into office and ammo went nuts, every time 22 showed up a WalMart I picked up all I could. Problem is these days I don't want to shoot it if I can't replace it, and I don't often get to buy any. So this score means I can go shoot off 1k rounds from the ammo can with the oldest date without feeling bad.
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

I was in the local Academy Sports last night getting soccer gear for the kids and scored a 525 round box of Federal for $22 plus tax. They also had a large quantity of 50 round boxes for sale from various manufacturers.
Precision

Post by Precision »

at work, we have the CCI tactical 22lr - 300 rounds for 24.95

we also have it by the 5000 edit 3000 case for 249.95

we have stingers, CCI quiet and a few others in stock.
Last edited by Precision on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Precision wrote:at work, we have the CCI tactical 22lr - 300 rounds for 24.95

we also have it by the 5000 case for 249.95
I shot some of that last week w. good results. Very similar specs to their Mini Mags. The only difference appears to be a very slightly different bullet.
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Over the past two weeks I have been able to get two boxes of ammo each time I go into Academy. Sometimes they only have the 50 round boxes, but they always have had several brands and prices to chose from.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Do you ship?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Greg wrote:

Do you ship?
Whats the case price on the quiet?
Any cci standard velocity?
and do you ship?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

rightisright wrote:Heritage Guild. The closest one to you would be in Rahway. There are also locations in Branchburg and Easton, PA.

http://store.heritageguild.com/catalog_ ... t_id=74447
I don't care what they call it, it will always be Brenner's. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt