Choosing To Specialize In (Mostly) One Caliber. Which One?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Netpackrat

Re: Choosing To Specialize In (Mostly) One Caliber. Which On

Post by Netpackrat »

I think for most people, planning with their neighbors is most likely to bring that sort of unwanted attention. As for planning with local agencies, I could see doing so if you were willing to spend enough time at it to make regular volunteer work your hobby, such that you would be viewed by most as one of "them" and therefore not immediately suspect. I've got better things to do with my limited time than play hanger-on at the local police or fire departments.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

All depends on the neighbors. My brother in law and another couple good friends live within a half-mile. They make good prepping buddies, we all know who has what in regards to gear and tools, etc. But were close long before they learned all that.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Since my neighbor (across the road) and I are the only ones within a mile, in any direction, who isn't either retired, on disability, or both, we've pretty much figured that the ball is in our court, and have made plans accordingly. Of course, since he's an OTR trucker, he might very well be in East Arselick, AZ when the proverbial balloon goes up.

We have a plan. It's not much of a plan, as plans go, but it IS a plan, and we're gonna run it. Besides, I'm the only person he knows that will reload .270 Winchester for him.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Greg

Post by Greg »

The people we trust the best to form SHTF plans with live in Chicago. :lol: (Wife's family thing.)

One of our neighbors is an asset (small business owner, is actually proud of his nephew being in the military, has local roots) the rest are... well we're not planning to live here forever.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr