berger bullets out of stock

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Precision

berger bullets out of stock

Post by Precision »

I am finding that I really like berger bullets, at least in the calibers I have tried them in.

unfortunately, I am also noticing they are very rarely in stock anywhere. Is that just a factor of making a very good product and being in an ammo binge or is there something more driving this shortage of Berger projectiles.

In the last 6 months I have only found 77gr OTM for .223 twice and both times I bought the entire lot. (2 boxes). I would like to think my purchase of 400 bullets does not make me part of the problem. :D
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
PawPaw

Re: berger bullets out of stock

Post by PawPaw »

Can you order them directly from their webstore? LINKY! It looks like they make some of them in bulk packs.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Reloaders are the tail end of the supply chain, so alot of components are still unavailable, simply because priority is going towards making complete ammunition.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

77gr OTMs are out of stock on the Berger website as well.

And likely to remain so as long as there's a pressing need to keep sending the Cartridge, Caliber 5.56 mm, Special Ball, Long Range, Mk 262 Mod 0/1 into Taliban targets in A-stan, and train the HOGs who do that.
The Bergers aren't used in milspec ammo, but the Sierra Matchkings and Noslers are, so the secondary suction on them has dried up reloading stocks, because the Mk 262s work so damn well.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

CByrneIV wrote:Walt really likes working with 1000 yard shooters. He was really helpful
To this day, the core of clientele are varmint hunters and 1K guys.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

I just want some bullets that I can find in stock more often then not, that has social aspect usage while being able to get close to the ability of the rifle for accuracy.

The 77gr bergers in .223 routinely give me +/- 1 moa at 200 yds.
The 75gr bullets I load tested today gave me 2-3 moa at 200 yds. No exactly a good representation. And on top of that, these bullets are match bullets that I assume are too thin skinned for social work. I also did not see much to recommend them for match use. I will try again and see if I was just having a crappy trigger day, but...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/