powder scarcity -- pistol only?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
slowpoke

Re: powder scarcity -- pistol only?

Post by slowpoke »

just hit the local gun store that is always overpriced and got 2lb of power pistol, and 1 lb of unique, all onsale at about $22/lb. They had another pound of unique and 2 lb of titegroup too.
Howd i do?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

slowpoke wrote:just hit the local gun store that is always overpriced and got 2lb of power pistol, and 1 lb of unique, all onsale at about $22/lb. They had another pound of unique and 2 lb of titegroup too.
Howd i do?
I'd love to even find that on a shelf around here. I use both of 'em. Last time I axed about Unique, the guy just laughed at me. I'd happily give $22/lb. for either. Were it me, I'd go back and get that other canister of Unique.
Precision

Post by Precision »

morsetaper wrote:
slowpoke wrote:just hit the local gun store that is always overpriced and got 2lb of power pistol, and 1 lb of unique, all onsale at about $22/lb. They had another pound of unique and 2 lb of titegroup too.
Howd i do?
I'd love to even find that on a shelf around here. I use both of 'em. Last time I axed about Unique, the guy just laughed at me. I'd happily give $22/lb. for either. Were it me, I'd go back and get that other canister of Unique.

Yup, ID have bought it all. I haven't seen any in quite a while. And yes, I know that just adds to the hoarding, but in my case it is crimping my shooting by not having powder.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/