Best .22LR mfr - if you can find it? (poll)

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.

Which .22 brands are acceptable?

Aquila
8%
Armscor
1%
Remington
5%
Winchester
15%
Federal
16%
Tula
1%
Fiocchi
5%
CCI
24%
Lapua
7%
Eley
12%
Magic Brownie Industries...
5%

Total votes: 110

HTRN

Re: Best .22LR mfr - if you can find it? (poll)

Post by HTRN »

Wolf Match Target is actually pretty good - It's actually made by Lapua.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

JustinR wrote:Out of the major brands I've tried on the list, I've had the greatest consistency and reliability with CCI.
Popped into Academy for my usual Monday-Wednesday-Friday ammo check. 100 rounds of standard velocity CCI was $15.00! It was only about $9 a few months ago.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

My go-to is RWS Target Rifle. RWS, Lapua, and Eley are all excellent. CCI is fine in the upper grades. Life's too short to shoot shoddy ammo.
Glenn Bartley

Post by Glenn Bartley »

Out of all your choices I would choose CCI. From them, since price is of concern, I would go with CCI Blazer. I think I have had one or two duds out of thousands of rounds of it. It is dirty but shoots pretty accurately. If you can get it, another price conscious choice would be Armscor ammunition. Very good stuff but apparently I am the only one here who thinks so because I am, as of right now, the only one who ticked it off in the poll. I have used Remington before and will again. Their Golden Bullet has always performed good enough for me, I rarely get any that are duds. Remington Thunderbolt, that is another story, lots of duds and failures to feed. Aguila is also more than acceptable, it is made in Mexico by what used to be a Remington company. It is funny how Remington seems to have left the know how of how to make decent 22 ammo in Mexico but everyone moans and groans about at least some of the lousy stuff they make in the USA. Shameful too, Remington should be doing much better by us.
When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me.

http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/