Crossman "Destroyer" pellets upsized for shotgun

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Highspeed

Re: Crossman "Destroyer" pellets upsized for shotgun

Post by Highspeed »

Yogimus wrote:
1500 fps is not unheard of from piston guns
In the manufacturers marketing department hype maybe. They use stupidly light test pellets which make no sense in the real world.
I have never, ever had a pellet from a spring gun exceed the speed of sound. You need a pneumatic for that.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Darrell wrote:I seem to remember seeing pics of a giant pellet, made as ammo for some black powder cannon.
This Thread
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Catbird wrote:
Darrell wrote:I seem to remember seeing pics of a giant pellet, made as ammo for some black powder cannon.
This Thread
That's it! And I was the OP! :oops: That's actually quite interesting, originally a castboolits thread. For a 10 lb Parrott rifle! Pics at the site:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... BIG-BOOLIT!!
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Termite

Post by Termite »

CByrneIV wrote:There are some slugs that are similarly shaped already; though I don't think anything exactly like that.
It kind of resembles one of the Lightfield slugs.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

So, HS... There was a fellow trying to build a full-auto airgun, firing, originally, 45 ACP bullets, then I think he ended up using 22 pellets, and no one was that interested...

Should you ever think of a way to cobble one together - even in 9MM, instead of 45...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Aglifter wrote:So, HS... There was a fellow trying to build a full-auto airgun, firing, originally, 45 ACP bullets, then I think he ended up using 22 pellets, and no one was that interested...

Should you ever think of a way to cobble one together - even in 9MM, instead of 45...
tHERE IS A PRE CHARGED PNEUMATIC IN .357, 180 GRAIN BULLETS AT 800+ FPS. iT IS A RIFLE.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Aglifter wrote:So, HS... There was a fellow trying to build a full-auto airgun, firing, originally, 45 ACP bullets, then I think he ended up using 22 pellets, and no one was that interested...

I've actually got plans for an air powered MG and I haven't even looked at them :D I'd have to check the laws here to find out if it might be legal or not if made at a low enough muzzle energy level.

The difficulty of getting a diving bottle filled around here puts me off pneumatic airguns. You can't use a shop compressor as typically they require 250-300 bar.
Lots of dive shops on the coast of course but thats a 140km round trip.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

But who wants one w low ME... :lol:

What about a Nitrogen supply from a welding supplier?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

There is a small high pressure compressor for pcp air rifles, it takes 100psi input from a cheep Chinese air compressor and will fill your bottle eventually.
Shoeboxcompressor.com
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Highspeed wrote:The difficulty of getting a diving bottle filled around here puts me off pneumatic airguns. You can't use a shop compressor as typically they require 250-300 bar.
You can either buy or build either an air booster/intensifier(you can even use hydraulic power if you have that handy), or you can build a small high pressure compressor(a flywheel, a coupla check valves, and a small diameter, long stroke cylinder(basically what a shoebox compressor is).

Another option - buy a used Paintball HPA tank(they have them upwards of 114cid) and get it filled at a PB shop. They come in 3000 and 4500 PSI versions.

And oh for us 'Muricans, "300 bar" is furriner speakifying for 4500 PSI. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt