Is 22LR back?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.

Is 22 LR Back?

It is usually available at some store in my area
52%
I still can't find it in my area
22%
I. Hate. You.
22%
Magic Brownies
4%

Total votes: 23

blackeagle603

Re: Is 22LR back?

Post by blackeagle603 »

I just cannot bring myself to spend more for 22LR than I can still reload 38 Special Wadcutters. Still got a decent stash of Aguila 22LR from last couple CMP buys. Last received was what I ordered immediately on news of Sandy Hook. Lucked out on that buy.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Well, color me surprised! I went to Dick's, and they actually had .22LR. There was a fair amount of Golden Bullet, some Thunderbolts, Federal (Champion, I think he called it), a small amount of Eley, and lo and behold... some Mini-Mags! I haven't seen any of THOSE on the shelf in at least two years. Limit of 300 rounds or one of the larger packs. Hey, something is a lot better than nothing. I didn't even look twice at the Golden Bullets or Thunderbolts. The Federal was "on sale", 325 rounds for $24.99. The Mini-Mags were $29.99 for 300.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

My nearby Walmart still has some 100 round boxes of CCI .22LR (not MiniMag, another variant). That would never have happened before crook county tax went into effect. They also still have a fair selection of other calibers. The nearest other-county Walmart is stripped; I think even the panic buyers don't want to give money to the county crooks here if there is any choice.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I saw a decent amount of CCI .22LR in the LGS today, but the 2 per person limit was still in effect.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Aguila is available. It's the same price as a box of 9mm, and I can reload 9mm.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

NVGdude wrote:Aguila is available. It's the same price as a box of 9mm, and I can reload 9mm.
I can reload .45 ACP for about what the Federal Auto Match costs, but popping vermin in the back pasture with a .45 ACP just seems a little silly, and the .45 ACP won't run in the .22LR rifles. :lol:

Besides, .45 ACP scares the horses. They could give a sh!t less about .22s.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

https://www.natchezss.com/federal-autom ... 1_cb8c4273

Not as low as pre-Sandy Hook, but not bad for today's market.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Stopped by Bass Pro in Grapevine on Friday. Not only did they have lots of .22 in stock, they had several varieties of CCI, and no limits. I picked up 500 rounds for $52 after tax. A couple more trips like that when I can afford it, and I should be set for a while.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

JustinR wrote:Stopped by Bass Pro in Grapevine on Friday. Not only did they have lots of .22 in stock, they had several varieties of CCI, and no limits. I picked up 500 rounds for $52 after tax. A couple more trips like that when I can afford it, and I should be set for a while.
I stopped at the Bass Pro in Bossier City yesterday and they were almost out of .22. I may have to make the trip into the Dallas area. Which CCI did you get?
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

I got the standard 100 round sleeves of 36 gr, 1260 FPS Mini-mag HP's, I know I saw Stingers and Velocitors there too.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL