Severe drawback of Forster Co-Ax press

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Windy Wilson

Re: Severe drawback of Forster Co-Ax press

Post by Windy Wilson »

PawPaw wrote:Oh, bullshit. Every good town has a bearing shop.
I lost a steel ball out of a Savage extractor once. I went in there and told her that I needed a 0.125 steel bearing.

"How many?" she asked.
"I dunno, three or four" I replied.

She wrapped a piece of scotch tape around her finger, went to a box, and stuck her finger in the box. She came out with about six of those little bearings. She took the tape off her finger and dropped it in an envelope, sealed it an handed it to me.
"How much" I asked.
"Geez, that ain't worth writing up. Come back when you need something."

I'm a big fan of Motor Parts and Bearings. Go look in your Yellow Pages. I bet you've got something like that close by.
That reminds me; I no longer do work on the incredible-all-electronic-maintenance-free-plastic-with-the-tack-weld-on-the-hood car, so I have to think of something. My truck is old enough though, so I'd better figure out something to buy from OUR local shop before it's too late.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

blackeagle603 wrote:so does that suggest you might have a Hollywood on the market? 8-)
The way I interpret NPR's advice is not to replace my Hollywood with a Forster in lieu of a Dillon, but to buy a Dillon and a Forster, and keep my Hollywood for jobs not suited to either.

Did I get that right?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

D5CAV wrote:The way I interpret NPR's advice is not to replace my Hollywood with a Forster in lieu of a Dillon, but to buy a Dillon and a Forster, and keep my Hollywood for jobs not suited to either.

Did I get that right?
That sounds about right. The only thing I would do differently would be to buy an RL550 or XL650 Dillon instead of the SDB. The SDB is a great tool, but kind of limited.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Found it.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:Found it.
6+ months later, after you already ordered in replacements. Of course. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Greg wrote:
Just means that he's now got a known good spare. :mrgreen:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cybrludite wrote:
Greg wrote:
Just means that he's now got a known good spare. :mrgreen:
Maybe. I put it in a little ziploc baggie, labeled it, and set it on top of the pile of crap on top of my reloading bench. I expect it will have plenty of opportunity to get lost again before I need another one.