What to do with a 7.65 Argentine?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
HTRN

Re: What to do with a 7.65 Argentine?

Post by HTRN »

I keep overlooking that. :mrgreen:

Hands down the best bench vise I've used is the hydraulic one they sell in Brownells. I've fooled with a half dozen different one, notably the "screw down" ones, and most of 'em just flat out suck.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

Barrels can be incredibly tight. I watched a guy use a 6 foot cheater bar and all he did was tear his bench apart.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Forget that method - you'll kill yourself doing that. You want a deadblow hammer. A coupla good shots and they come loose.

The worst are Enfields(really tight) and believe it or not, Remington 700s. Remington apparently has taken to locktiteing in the barrels. There's a coupla ways to beat this - a little heat, dumping the whole action in kroil for a coupla days, or sheer brute force.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
DKDay

Post by DKDay »

D5CAV wrote:I will banish this rifle to the back of the safe for the time being.
D5CAV, A friend of mine lent me one of those rifles a few years ago. I procured several hundred rounds of original Berdan primed corrosive ammo and take it to the range now and then. I have kept a fair amount of the brass, since I have a stock of Berdan primers, but do not intend to buy dies for it at this point since it is not (yet) my gun. Email me if you want to buy the fired cases I have.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Thanks for the offer of berdan-primed brass. I have a couple of boxes of new manufactured ammo with boxer primers.

I don't have any way of removing Berdan primers, so Berdan primed ammo goes to the scrap brass dealer for me.

This not my only rifle, so the oddball caliber means it gets taken the the range last. It will likely sit in my safe a long time before it gets to the range.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe