Why merge the ammo and gun forums??

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
FastRope71

Why merge the ammo and gun forums??

Post by FastRope71 »

It was great to be able to separate the two. If I wanted to look for gun stuff I went to guns. If I was interested in ammo stuff, I knew right where to look and not worry about sorting through 26.54 posts on stuff I'd be more likely to be interested in at another time.

Sigh.

I just needed to get that out.
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
cu74

Re: Why merge the ammo and gun forums??

Post by cu74 »

CByrneIV wrote:We got s lot of feedback asking to put guns, ammo, and shooting all together, because people were confused as to where to put posts. We got a grand total of three requests for more specificity, including yours.

Personally I agree with you, but we seem to be a small minority.
So, who's in charge here? Isn't the small minority, (i.e. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) actually RUNNING this forum? :?
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I think the mergings suck.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Break then apart again...

Ammo in Ammo, guns in guns...

I'd even favour separate handgun, shotgun, rifle sub forums to the gun section...then for sure you'd know where to post!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
cu74

Post by cu74 »

CByrneIV wrote:
cu74 wrote:
CByrneIV wrote: So, who's in charge here? Isn't the small minority, (i.e. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) actually RUNNING this forum? :?
Honestly, it doesnt effect me at all. I never view forum by forum. I use the "view active topics" function.
Chris - how you and I view (I typically use "new posts") wasn't my point and is only relevant to the two of us, not the forum as a whole. Do we have a "vocal minority" versus "silent majority" thing here? Something similar to how the country is run - by the few, for the few - where the majority finds out about things affecting them after the fact?

Might I suggest using the forum's polling feature before making decisions about shuffling "assignments"? Given the choice, I probably wouldn't have voted to combine the ammo and guns, even though I don't usually view forum by forum.
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
cu74

Post by cu74 »

CHRIS - I'm not trying to stir a pot, nor am I suggesting you guys create more work for yourselves in running the forum. Bringing the ammo forum back looks like way more work than it's worth. I am much more interested in seeing The Gun Counter continue under the current "management" than I am in how many separate forums we have.

That said, I see posts wondering what happened to forum "x" and note that some of us have been surprised by the changes. I repeat my suggestion about using the poll feature in the future when the management team is considering changes. That wouldn't necessarily appease us grumpy, curmudgeonly types who just dislike change, but at least that way we won't be surprised by the changes and you might get fewer grumpy posts.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Just to stir the pot, I actually wanted the ammo forum to remain separate, I wanted to bring protect and defend into the general forum, and might as well bring the beginners into it, or not. Reloading, gear and general gun stuff are a minimum of gun forums IMHO.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Denis

Post by Denis »

I will confess that I hadn't noticed the change, as I always go direct to "active posts"... :oops: