Lost reply to thread.

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
Rich

Lost reply to thread.

Post by Rich »

This thread from a few days ago, is one I responded to, to the effect that Al Gore was just going along with the scam (Global Warming, Carbon Credits, etc.).

Admittedly, it wasn't much of a reply, and I'm not upset that it's gone, but if posts are being munched, people need to know. So could you look to see if is still present in a backup copy perhaps, or if it was removed either by accident or on purpose, the reason.

Inquiring minds want to know, you know. :roll:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Rich

Re: Lost reply to thread.

Post by Rich »

CByrneIV wrote:Are you saying you wrote a reply, submitted it, saw it posted, and then it disappeared?

Odd... I have full logs of all user and admin actions, I'll see if I can find anything.
Chris, that is exactly what I'm saying.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.

Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

Something similar happened to my "Project Gunwalker" thread a couple of weeks ago.

I posted it, saw the thread both in the auto-view and in the "active topics" list, left the site for a while and came back to add something to it and... No thread.

To be perfectly honest, I assumed it had been deleted, since it's only provenance at that point was Codrea/Vanderboegh's site and... well...

You said it hadn't been deleted, and I do not believe you'd lie about such a thing, but SOMETHING happened to it.

It would appear there's a little hiccup happening from time to time. My experience with such things is that it will probably be a stone biatch to find, as such things are rarely easy (or even possible) to replicate...

I'd have to say it's not really worth the effort *PROVIDED* we can all agree that *IF* a post or thread should be deleted by a Mod, We The Poster will get an e-mail telling us that (and why) the action was taken.

In the absence of such a note, if we find something missing we can just post it again.

IMO this would be the best solution as it doesn't require the sort of time it would take to find a random, rare hiccup...

$0.02...

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Same thing happened to a thread I posted. I haven't reposted, deciding to wait and see if it suddenly reappeared.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

DD, you and the others certainly aren't alone. I've posted things and then discovered later that they were no longer there. A review of the admin logs showed no one had deleted it, it just vanished.

PLEASE don't take what happened personally. I tend to think it's happened to most everyone who's posted stuff on a regular now and again. I didn't delete it, and if it was already posted in another article, I'd either lock it or merge it with the other thread, but I wouldn't just delete it - and I'm very sure none of the others would either.

We all know electrons sometime act like they have a mind of their own. Just chalk this up to another of those instances since I'm quite sure no one here deliberately deleted your thread or response. If I happen to find it buried in another thread or topic, I'll do what I can to rip it out and make it its own thread - or merge it into another one already existing.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I feel so...so, REJECTED!
:cry:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Rich

Post by Rich »

skb12172 wrote:I feel so...so, REJECTED!
:cry:
That's OK skb. It's just that nobody loves ya. :lol:

randy

Post by randy »

The only posts I've ever deleted were by request of the poster (i.e. when the system generates a duplicate post). I've never deleted an entire thread.

As Mike stated, we tend to lock threads if needed (dupes or when the tone is going down the drain). I've never even deleted a spammer thread (edit it for purposes of derision and mockery? that's different).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rich

Post by Rich »

randy wrote:The only posts I've ever deleted were by request of the poster (i.e. when the system generates a duplicate post). I've never deleted an entire thread.

As Mike stated, we tend to lock threads if needed (dupes or when the tone is going down the drain). I've never even deleted a spammer thread (edit it for purposes of derision and mockery? that's different).
Randy, the post is what I meant. The Snowmeggadon that I posted to is still there. What possibly could have happened is perhaps a later post overwrote mine somehow. I'm sure it was an aesthetic improvement, but those were my pearls of wisdom and I miss admiring them. :roll:

Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

Not taking anything personally, hope it didn't seem like I was.
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."