Godwin's modification

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
Netpackrat

Godwin's modification

Post by Netpackrat »

I've seen at least a couple of occasions now, where longtime members in good standing have either come close to, or actually done a full bushitler in the middle of a discussion. Seems like if invoking hitler/nazis in the course of an argument can result in the discussion ending Godwin's Law coming into play, there ought to be a similar thing for when a member unexpectedly goes moonbat and starts shouting bush lied/people died, or claims that we weren't justified in invading Iraq, things of that nature. Invoke the bushitler corrollary, or whatever.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Re: Godwin's modification

Post by Kommander »

I will not have my right to free speech stopped by a bunch of fascist ShrubHitlers! Remember the Alamo!
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

I like the term used by various "talk radio" guys - "Bush Derangement Syndrome."
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
Jeffro

Post by Jeffro »

Netpackrat wrote: Invoke the bushitler corrollary, or whatever.
If (and when, I fervently hope) we get rid of Teh Won, I hereby reserve the right to blame he and his minions for any problems past, present or future, up to and including zits on my buttocks, for as long as I want, even if it is illogical to do so.
:twisted: :roll:
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

Shane
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something ~ Aristotle
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

As the Darling Daughter likes to point out, it's dangerous to argue with fools, because sometimes, at a distance it's hard to tell which is which.

Her other favorite is "Don't argue with fools. They just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Didn't know any of our number was suffering from BDS. If they, as you said, weren't members in long-time good standing, I'd be tempted to yell "troll."
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

I vote for Chris asking if they're "on fucking crack." Purely for the laugh track.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

New acronym -- AYOC?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

AYFOC? FC seems to imply a physical impossibility which I find slightly distracting, and which would bother the heck out of a few of the members...

Do we have a glossary? Could be handy... Kind of a "New Members Packet"...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto