Making Certain Threads Closed

This is the ONE and ONLY spot on this board where you can whine and bitch.
skb12172

Making Certain Threads Closed

Post by skb12172 »

I'm just wondering if it would be possible to close certain threads to members only. It occurs to me that, while openness is useful in recruiting new members, we might not want ALL our bidness open to any and all unregistered lurkers. Any thoughts?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
PawPaw

Re: Making Certain Threads Closed

Post by PawPaw »

If I ever decide to run for office, the opinions I've stated on some of these threads will make for interesting questions at civic forums during the campaign.

Oh, well, you pays your money and you takes your chances.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
BDK

Post by BDK »

Closing the kitchen table isn't a terrible idea, but as I recall that was a deliberate decision so people wouldn't really think there is any privacy here
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

skb12172 wrote:I'm just wondering if it would be possible to close certain threads to members only. It occurs to me that, while openness is useful in recruiting new members, we might not want ALL our bidness open to any and all unregistered lurkers. Any thoughts?
When you say it on the internet, you say it foe-evah .... just a thought.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

If I post it on the internet I'm willing to stand behind it or fall with it. That's why I use my real name in my profile...oh, wait... :oops:
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?