Judge shoots attacker

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Vonz90

Judge shoots attacker

Post by Vonz90 »

.... apparently the father of a convicted rapist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 5572260417
blackeagle603

Re: Judge shoots attacker

Post by blackeagle603 »

I sent that link for comment by by a high school buddy. He recently left private law practice in Seattle to take a seat on the bench. He's a hard core Dem, an avid SAS participant and an "all the bill of rights" guy. A true liberal Dem, not a Seattle leftist, not caught up in the madness of the Emerald City.

He seeing some of the madness of the machine since he put on robes. Admits to me and another very conservative old bandmate that we've been right about a lot of stuff. He already "got it" on a lots of stuff having been a business owner making payroll for ~30 years.

Any way, asked what he was doing for personal protection in his new roll:
Here in Washington the state judges are forbidden from carrying while on the job or even having a firearm in our vehicle while driving on official business. My concealed carry permits valid everywhere the Yankees aren't based are useless. We can have a firearm in our vehicle if we drive to work, leave the vehicle in the parking lot, and do not drive anywhere on business. Since that's all I do . . .. we are also ordered to push a blue button under the judicial bench at the first crossways look and then run like Hell out the secure back door to the courtroom and hide until the commotion is over or all of the people we left behind are dead, whichever comes first. On my circuit in Eastern Washington there are no blue buttons and no backdoors. Since I gave up softball several years ago, I only run when I've got the trots, so I won't be exhibiting physical cowardice--I'll either get plugged or take the gun away from the other guy and do what comes natural to an old geezer with an adrenaline rush.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story