Is USCCA Worth It?

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
skb12172

Is USCCA Worth It?

Post by skb12172 »

Insurance for legal defense should you have to use your firearm.
The testimonials certainly pull all the right strings. Plus, it's true that a Homeowner's policy doesn't cover you if you are charged with a crime.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Re: Is USCCA Worth It?

Post by skb12172 »

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I don't know the answer.

I do know something about their ads increasingly rankles me. It's the sense that they are piling the FUD higher and deeper each time -- just so they can feed on it.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Agreed. Plus, from the statements and answers they give in their Facebook comments, it sounds like you are conversing with a 20 year old intern or secretary.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

There are other companies doing similar things, and if I'm not mistaken the NRA either has one or endorses one. I'm honestly not sure which way to go either, but the ISRA (Illinois State Rifle Assn) does endorse them and have link to them on the isra.org site. When it gets to the point that I carry regularly (I'm still training myself) I do plan on getting _something_.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

My CCW instructor told us that we should at the very least have made contact with an attorney and keep his card in our wallet. If the worst case happens, you will have someone qualified to call while you wait to get it all sorted out. Also to stop talking.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

name, rank, serial number, offer descriptions of any fleeing the scene, or of other witnesses to speak to and then
"I intend to fully cooperate but would like to speak through counsel" and shut my mouth.

Or something like that...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story