Motorist shoots man attacking shot trooper

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
randy

Re: Motorist shoots man attacking shot trooper

Post by randy »

Glad it worked out.

Love how the governor thanked all the first responders that reacted and not one word about the private citizen that intervened. Talk about the risks those with a badge face everyday (which is true, but what they signed up for and is their job) but nothing about someone with no duty to get involved, who is not on a government payroll that potentially put his life at risk to take out the goblin.

Don't know anything about the AZ governor. Maybe the local contingent can enlighten me. Standard clueless politician, or statist hack that doesn't want to encourage private citizens to actually act like citizens?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

The republican governors in AZ tend to be very armed citizen friendly. Even Napolitano had to fake it to a certain extent. I would not be suprised if the real issue here is that the AZ Republic does not have the best of reputations, and if the Governor did praise the Samaritan in this case I doubt they would write about it.
Greg

Post by Greg »

So, a guy shoots at another car. The other car calls the cops. 8 miles away from the previous shooting, guy rolls his car over. Police responding to the original call in find the rollover accident. Guy shoots cop.

What the fucking fuck?

Florida Man, is that you?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote:Love how the governor thanked all the first responders that reacted and not one word about the private citizen that intervened. Talk about the risks those with a badge face everyday (which is true, but what they signed up for and is their job) but nothing about someone with no duty to get involved, who is not on a government payroll that potentially put his life at risk to take out the goblin.
If it were me, I would want as little as possible said about what I had done, and if letting the badged types get all the credit/attention helped me to fade out of the picture I would be okay with that. Consider that they may be doing him a favor, and it's what he wants. It doesn't help our agenda as much, but I'd rather the guy not carry any negative consequences from his courageous good deed into his life. And just being known for having been involved in a shooting can be pretty harmful even absent charges or a lawsuit.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote: If it were me, I would want as little as possible said about what I had done, and if letting the badged types get all the credit/attention helped me to fade out of the picture I would be okay with that. Consider that they may be doing him a favor, and it's what he wants. It doesn't help our agenda as much, but I'd rather the guy not carry any negative consequences from his courageous good deed into his life. And just being known for having been involved in a shooting can be pretty harmful even absent charges or a lawsuit.
Hopefully he never has to buy another beer at the Blue Oyster.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote:Hopefully he never has to buy another beer at the Blue Oyster.
I would be tempted to ask for a reserve officer status that would allow carry in otherwise prohibited areas.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Netpackrat wrote:I would be tempted to ask for a reserve officer status that would allow carry in otherwise prohibited areas.
Doesn't he then become a "wannabe cop" like Zimmerman, who also stepped up to citizenship duties?

I think fading into the noise of new news is the best thing for him. We're a long way from the incident I remember from fifty years ago when a hunter emerging onto a road saw a motorist shoot a state trooper, so he dropped the murderer with his hunting rifle. As I recall, his son was with him, and the governor gave him a commendation.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Denis

Post by Denis »

According to this report, the good Samaritan was a woman:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ficer.html

Well done, Madam!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Y'know, that doesn't surprise me at all. Our last family get-together, there were more guns there that belonged to women than belonged to men, and more of the women had CCW permits than men did. One of my cousins is a tiny little female, and she always has ONE of her ARs (with a couple of spare mags) in the trunk of her car, besides her carry gun and it's backup.

I love my family!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom