Levis CEO is an ass.

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Precision

Levis CEO is an ass.

Post by Precision »

Please pass my email on to the appropriate department or people.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/01/l ... uns-stores

Pertaining to this article. I realize the open letter is an attempt to keep your customers safe. I also realize it is a poor attempt and more than likely, simply a method of appeasing the vocal gun banners that actively campaign against natural rights.

Let me start out by saying empirical evidence (not to mention common sense) states the more guns in the hands of good guys decreases the damage caused by evil people, with or without guns. Evil people do evil things. There is no stopping that from happening. What is possible is to shorten their time frame. Statitstics show that police response time averages about 8 minutes. This response is a bit slower in an active shooter situation as the police want to attack with overwhelming force, for their own safety. This means more time for evil to accomplish its task. Look at the response time at the Pulse Night Club. Over an hour delay occurred from first officer on scene.

Now compare that to response time when a CCW holder is on scene. That is under 1 minute. Let that sink in for a minute. Using statistical averages, waiting for the police incurs an 800% time penalty. That is a significant increase in death of innocent people, your customers.

Now lets talk bottom line numbers. There are THOUSANDS (perhaps tens of thousands) of people who read your CEO's open letter and just crossed Levi's products off their list of Christmas / anytime ever buying items.

Lets say it is 25,000 people. Out of 65 MILLION US gun owners that is a very low participation rate, but lets work the numbers. At retail we will assume 6 items purchased annually. We will assume a $40 price point (yes, low I know). My math says that cost $6,000,000. Now lets say it is actually 50,000, or 10 items or raise the price point.

That is without the loss of value to the brand and loss of goodwill from the customer base. I know in my business, the most expensive thing is cost of gaining another client. Why would you go out of your way to throw away clients / customers? What is your cost to capture each new client? Add that to my $6 million number and you still haven't figured out the true cost of this announcement.

The announcement which is nothing more than pandering and a feel good measure of no value in the real world.

I will relegate my current Levi's products to yard work and car repair duty. In the future, one of your competitors will gladly accept my guns and my money.

Sincerely,
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
scipioafricanus

Re: Levis CEO is an ass.

Post by scipioafricanus »

Levi's has stores? News to me.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I quit buying Levi's years ago when they cheaped out on the 505 jeans I used to wear. They eliminated a couple of the belt loops and the material seemed to be less durable. The changes made a holstered pistol less stable on my belt... Clearly the action of an anti-gun company. Carhartt has been getting my business since then.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Carhartt it is. Better product, anyway.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I used to wear a lot of Levi's (thirty years ago) but couldn't really tell you who makes the jeans I wear now. I'm bad about going into a big box store and buying the store brand. Jeans is jeans.

However, I recently bought some Frontier Classics for re-enacting, and I'm amazed at how better made those trousers are. Better material, better quality, really comfortable trousers. I may have to re-think my choices for everyday wear. Spend a little more, get a better product. But, I'm done with Levi's.

My son, who is tough on work pants, likes the Carhartts at Tractor Supply.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

A: I also didn't know Levi's had retail stores, although I had bought big bells (Yes, THAT long ago) at an outlet store.
2: I quit buying Levi's a number of years ago, because the price went too high. I have since tried my old favorite 501's one time, but they're no longer the comfortable jeans I used to wear daily.
III: It's his company, he can have whatever policy he likes. It's my money, I can shop wherever and for whatever I like. These two items are, it seems, now mutually exclusive. They probably won't miss me, I haven't bought a pair in years.
D: I'm not at all surprised they have made this announcement. Again, their store, their policy, and I'm sure they were concerned that some of their customers might not feel safe in their stores. Those customers are actually probably less safe than they were before, but they will FEEL safer, and that's all they will care about. They may actually not lose all that much money, as "sheep" will flock to the stores even as "sheepdogs" take their business elsewhere.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Odahi wrote:A: I also didn't know Levi's had retail stores, although I had bought big bells (Yes, THAT long ago) at an outlet store.
2: I quit buying Levi's a number of years ago, because the price went too high. I have since tried my old favorite 501's one time, but they're no longer the comfortable jeans I used to wear daily.
III: It's his company, he can have whatever policy he likes. It's my money, I can shop wherever and for whatever I like. These two items are, it seems, now mutually exclusive. They probably won't miss me, I haven't bought a pair in years.
D: I'm not at all surprised they have made this announcement. Again, their store, their policy, and I'm sure they were concerned that some of their customers might not feel safe in their stores. Those customers are actually probably less safe than they were before, but they will FEEL safer, and that's all they will care about. They may actually not lose all that much money, as "sheep" will flock to the stores even as "sheepdogs" take their business elsewhere.
I agree except for the fact that the sheep mostly won't know. The sheepdogs will as we publicize it as a buyer beware message.

I just bought some Duluth Trading company Firehose pants this week. Sheeeeet these are nice. Got two pair. I know I will get more within the year. Khaki and brown so far, but a black pair for sure, in the future.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Denis

Post by Denis »

I can heartily recommend Riggs brand workwear jeans by Wrangler. Top notch. Have been wearing them for years.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Denis wrote:I can heartily recommend Riggs brand workwear jeans by Wrangler. Top notch. Have been wearing them for years.
I have some Riggs work shirts by Wrangler, they're very nice and heavy duty.

I quit wearing Levis many years ago. A, because of price, and B, because they pissed me off. I happened to catch an offensive Levis commercial on MTV, and called them up at HQ. I was directed to somebody in marketing, I think, who defended the ad. He and I argued for quite a while, I got off the phone and swore them off for good. I used to have a sort of Captain Kangaroo Levis jacket I bought back in the '70s, I gave it to a GF. I bet it might be worth some money nowadays. It went really well with the big bells mentioned above. ;)
Eppur si muove--Galileo
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

skb12172 wrote:Carhartt it is. Better product, anyway.
I havent bought anything but Carhartts since WorknGear went under, and i couldn’t get their house brand jeans anymore. I havent worn "major label" jeans since the 80s, even then, they were more money, and less durable.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt