Just another traffic stop in Cenla.....

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Precision

Re: Just another traffic stop in Cenla.....

Post by Precision »

Rod wrote:Perfect encounter. Respect on both sides, calm, cool, and polite. Only when you play asshole does the usual video confrontation happen. "Am I being detained?" "You ARE now asshole."

I completely disagree. Cop had exactly what reason to handle a firearm during the encounter, much less disarm a citizen?

Officer safety is NOT an answer. If that happens to be codified in law, then the law is dumb and sucks rocks.

"I am going to disarm you".
"NO sir, That is not required or allowed by law"
"I would feel more comfortable"
"And I would feel very uncomfortable so those cancel, not to mention if I was going to be a problem I already would have been. If you are that uncomfortable, call for back up. I'll wait."
He decided he was being an ass and we continued.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Termite

Post by Termite »

First Shirt wrote:When I was a kid, my grandpa counseled me on the inadvisability of arguing with people in authority, or, as he put it, "Don't get into a pissin' contest with a skunk, he's got you out-gunned, right off the bat." Sounds like the young man made a good call, under the circumstances.
In Alabama, there is no legal requirement to notify, and no legal requirement to surrender your weapon. Not sure how they do it in other places.
There's legal, then there's smart.

Junior Termite wants to open carry. In Louisiana, that is legal for non-felons over 18. It does get some attention, particularly when on a sport bike. I'm fairly sure the cop ran the serial number after finding out he was under 21, because he knew that JT couldn't have bought it from an FFL. Whatever..... I bought it and gave it to him.

The encounter went fairly well, I think.
evan price wrote:Yeah, I suppose we should be thankful the cop didn't shot him in the back and plant drugs on his corpse, or run him in on a disorderly conduct and impound the motorcycle....
Let's not go there. Because the only way to win, is not to play.....for all parties.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Termite wrote: Officer Fudd: "Ahh, gotcha. Well I pulled you over because you didn't signal when you turned in the turning lane.
I too, have gotten nailed for this, by cop who looked like he started shaving the day before. :roll: It really pisses me off, as it's basically a way to use up paper in the ticketbook..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

So, at work, some guy told me that he had a firearm.

I said, "I don't care as long as you don't try and shoot me with it."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Be glad Junior Termite met an honest cop. This is what the dishonest ones do:

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/09 ... mlws-sb-bb
Termite

Post by Termite »

Denis wrote:Be glad Junior Termite met an honest cop. This is what the dishonest ones do:

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/09 ... mlws-sb-bb
If BLM wants to do some actual good, they hunt down these types of LEOs and kneecap them.

And I mean that seriously.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."