Concealed Carry takes down axe attacker

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
randy

Re: Concealed Carry takes down axe attacker

Post by randy »

The customer who shot the suspect is described as a 60-year-old...
Don't mess around with old guys. They are usually too tired and cranky to give a frak about fighting you and will kill you outright with as little effort as possible.

Love a happy ending.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Indeed. I love a happy ending.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I would love to know the backstory on the perp. Good on the CCW holder.
Last edited by skb12172 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy. Ambrose Bierce

This falls in to the praiseworthy category, hope he gets little or no hassle with the local law.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Jered

Post by Jered »

arctictom wrote: This falls in to the praiseworthy category, hope he gets little or no hassle with the local law.
He shouldn't.

We have a pretty solid justifiable homicide statute here.

But...it is King County. :roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

This is a couple miles from where I grew up. A good friend of mine lives about two blocks away. The news media are calling this White Center. It's actually Boulevard Park.

Update from KIRO 7:
A masked man attacked a Boulevard Park 7-Eleven clerk Sunday morning with a hatchet, slicing the clerk’s stomach.

Police say a customer pulled out a gun and shot and killed the attacker. The good Samaritan had been sitting in the store, drinking his regular morning coffee.

Kuldeep Singh, a clerk at the store, received a gash to his stomach but is OK.

Asked if the suspect hit him, Singh said, “Yes, yes, two three times in here," pointing to his stomach.

The King County Medical Examiner identified the man killed as 43-year-old Steven Blacktongue.

"This could have been disastrous," said Sgt. Cindi West.

It wasn’t -- thanks to a customer who deputies say was also attacked while drinking coffee near the register.

The 60-year-old is a regular customer and a licensed concealed gun carrier, according to the sheriff’s office.

He took out his pistol and shot the suspect, said West.

The man deputies call a good Samaritan was too shaken to speak.

Medics weren't able to revive the suspect.

"Had this [customer] not shot, who knows what would've happened. We might have a dead clerk right now and instead we have a dead bad guy," said West.

Singh said he thought the suspect was going to kill him. He said he is happy. Singh’s friend, who also works at a nearby convenience store, called the customer who shot the suspect "a good guy."

"We do not see any wrongdoing on the part of the customer. In fact, he probably saved lives in this case,” said West.
More at the Seattle Times including the urban logger's criminal history.

The first story says the customer was, "too shaken to speak". The Times article says, "he has not been identified, has declined to speak with the news media". You'll notice that he has not been slandered in the press. No one is picketing in front of his house. No one has tweeted his address and phone number. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, you could do worse than to follow his lead and keep your mouth shut.
Steven Blacktongue.jpg
Room Temperature
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Jered

Post by Jered »

He's had over two dozen run ins with the police that resulted in some sort of court appearance.

When is it going to come out that he was just on his way to turning his life around? :roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Even the token liberal on my shift at work thought this story had a happy ending.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JOHN

Post by JOHN »

I bet the concealed carry holder will never have to pay for coffee there again.