Rape at a playground

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Vonz90

Rape at a playground

Post by Vonz90 »

MarkD

Re: Rape at a playground

Post by MarkD »

Heard this on the radio this morning. My comment to my wife "It's a good thing the father didn't have a gun himself, someone might have gotten shot."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The authorities said the father left the woman with the group of men, who then each raped her at gunpoint. The men fled the scene when her father returned a short time later with two uniformed police officers, the police said.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

So the armed man ordered the father to leave, then they all had their way with her? Then he returns with cops?

Yeah, if I'm the father, I'm going down swinging, slicing, shooting, biting, and trying my damndest to kill as many of them as possible. Remember, if you are vastly outnumbered, your job is to be as savage and brutal to one person as quickly as possible, and hope the rest of them flee.

Remember, liberals just tell you to give them what they want, and they'll go away.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I'd hope that I could cause enough ruckus to at least give her a chance to get away. Hey, I've had my ass kicked before, it's not like they'd be getting a virgin, or anything. I just hope they remember that eyeballs gouged out during the fight will NOT be given back when it's over.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I guess in that situation, I'd try Jack Reacher's theorem: Identify the leader, savage him and his sidekick and hope the rest ran.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Most people on this forum don't understand the attitude. They've been told all their lives to let the police handle it. Not to "take the law into their own hands". He believes, and everyone he knows believes, he did the right thing, the only thing he COULD do.

Imagine walking with your loved one. Then imagine a meteorite coming down and punching thru the center of their chest. All you can do is hold their hand and tell them you love them while you say goodbye. That's all anyone could do. That's exactly how many, probably most, people in NYC see things like this. They've been told not only for their entire lives, but for the entire lives of.everyone they know for two generations back that they can't fight back.

We talk about the sheeple, this is the sheeple.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

No. Just. No.
This is the little girl who learned to walk holding onto your hand. The one who drew pictures for you in kindergarten. And you're going to walk away and let five bestial, sub-human advertisements for post-partum abortion have their way with her, while you go get help? Expose her to the emotional trauma, the physical damage, the potential for STDs and pregnancy? Because you don't want to "take the law into your own hands"? Really?

No. F**king. Way.

Heinlein said (and I'm paraphrasing here, because I can't remember the exact quote) that any society that has lost the "women and children first" mentality are slated for replacement. And in this case, anything else would be an improvement.

artictom summed it up quite well:
Most of you on this forum sound self sufficient and able to defend your selves, and unfortunately what was one a normal state for men is now rare. The concept of self sufficiency is lost to much of the population and testosterone is being replaced with tapioca.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I agree, but they have a totally different mindset.

Mos of us here wouldn't leave a STRANGER in that situation, let alone a daughter. But when its been beaten into you that the only people who can react to crime have a badge, when you're taught from the time you can understand words that fighting back is wrong, when you're good that it's not the rapists fault (its guns, or the Man, or lack of midnight basketball) you lack the mindset to take proper action (take down the leader quickly, loudly and messily).

I repeat, sheeple.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

First Shirt wrote:No. Just. No.
Heinlein said (and I'm paraphrasing here, because I can't remember the exact quote) that any society that has lost the "women and children first" mentality are slated for replacement. And in this case, anything else would be an improvement.

artictom summed it up quite well:
Most of you on this forum sound self sufficient and able to defend your selves, and unfortunately what was one a normal state for men is now rare. The concept of self sufficiency is lost to much of the population and testosterone is being replaced with tapioca.
Actually, Heinlein said it more than once:
All societies are based on rules to protect pregnant women and young children. All else is surplusage, excrescence, adornment, luxury, or folly, which can — and must — be dumped in emergency to preserve this prime function. As racial survival is the only universal morality, no other basic is possible. Attempts to formulate a "perfect society" on any foundation other than "Women and children first!" is not only witless, it is automatically genocidal. Nevertheless, starry-eyed idealists (all of them male) have tried endlessly — and no doubt will keep on trying.

Intermission: Excerpts from the Notebooks of Lazarus Long (pp. 242-243)
"Men are expendable; women and children are not. A tribe or a nation can lose a high percentage of its men and still pick up the pieces and go on ... as long as the women and children are saved. But if you fail to save the women and children, you've had it, you're done, you're through! You join Tyrannosaurus Rex, one more breed that bilged its final test."

"I said that "Patriotism" is a way of saying "Women and children first." And that no one can force a man to feel this way. Instead he must embrace it freely. I want to tell about one such man. He wore no uniform and no one knows his name, or where he came from; all we know is what he did.
In my home town sixty years ago when I was a child, my mother and father used to take me and my brothers and sisters out to Swope Park on Sunday afternoons. It was a wonderful place for kids, with picnic grounds and lakes and a zoo. But a railroad line cut straight through it.
One Sunday afternoon a young married couple were crossing these tracks. She apparently did not watch her step, for she managed to catch her foot in the frog of a switch to a siding and could not pull it free. Her husband stopped to help her.
But try as they might they could not get her foot loose. While they were working at it, a tramp showed up, walking the ties. He joined the husband in trying to pull the young woman's foot loose. No luck —
Out of sight around the curve a train whistled. Perhaps there would have been time to run and flag it down, perhaps not. In any case both men went right ahead trying to pull her free ... and the train hit them.
The wife was killed, the husband was mortally injured and died later, the tramp was killed — and testimony showed that neither man made the slightest effort to save himself.
The husband's behavior was heroic ... but what we expect of a husband toward his wife: his right, and his proud privilege, to die for his woman. But what of this nameless stranger? Up to the very last second he could have jumped clear. He did not. He was still trying to save this woman he had never seen before in his life, right up to the very instant the train killed him. And that's all we'll ever know about him.
This is how a man dies.
This is how a man ... lives!"

The Pragmatics of Patriotism
Fortuna Fortis Paratus