Arguments

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
D5CAV

Re: Arguments

Post by D5CAV »

The limit of the "need" vs "want" argument is the first "Matrix" movie. All you "need" is supplied in your little pod.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I just laugh and show 'em a video of Jerry Miculek running of 18 rounds from a revolver.

Then I show them a video of Tom Knapp with a pump gun.

If they're still paying attention I'll link them a video of a pump shotgunner running a 3-gun stage.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Unless they are just raving idiots, I just ask such people to explain their position. Every time they just parrot some talking point I point out that out out and ask them to logically explain WHY they say whatever it is they are going on about.

The intelligent but ignorant ones eventually have to start thinking about things, the not so bright ones just keep parroting. Run away from those ones.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I agree. I bet that she has no clue what semi-automatic is. Or how it's different from a SA/DA revolver. She probably believes in the "spray-firing" technique that the liberals love to wax on about. Damned if I can't find that tactic in my "Infantry in Battle" or "Rifle Marksmanship" publications.

I think that she needs to be taken shooting, post haste. Show her good trigger control and follow through. Make certain that she knows that no matter how long she holds that trigger back, it's not going to shoot again until it's released. If you want to be a dick, have her shoot something like a big bore lever gun, or metal-buttplated milsurp. Then give her an AR, and show her how semi-autos decrease felt recoil.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I had a prof (communications) at South Eastern once who emotionally, fists in the air, screamed "it's the goddamned semi-automatics" when the issue was being discussed.

She had absolutely NO IDEA what that meant. Once she did, she still didn't care.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

No one needs crazy girlfriends either but here we are.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Steamforger wrote:I had a prof (communications) at South Eastern once who emotionally, fists in the air, screamed "it's the goddamned semi-automatics" when the issue was being discussed.

She had absolutely NO IDEA what that meant. Once she did, she still didn't care.
SHE...

I had already guessed, but once confirmed, it was really all I needed to know.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

AndytheAxe wrote:Hey all, I've started dating a girl who's relatively liberal... Do you all know any other arguments I can use?
Yes.
"You seem nice, and I enjoy most of our time together, but I can't see dedicating my life to someone so immune to facts, logic, and common sense. I'll miss you, but I'm going to date someone equally attractive, and far smarter. We'll both be happier about this in the long run."
Life is far too short for all that other bs.

That's why you date people: to weed out the ones not worth keeping until you find one that is.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
evan price

Post by evan price »

No one NEEDS a girlfriend who is a liberal.
However if she's a nympho who is open to new ideas, well....
Advice about sticking it in the crazy DOES apply though.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"