Evicted for self defense

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Greg

Re: Evicted for self defense

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote:
BDK wrote:A) Almost certain state law will invalidate any such clauses in a private tenant lease - which means the LL's lawyer will be screaming at him to stop.

B) Pretty much, leased property is the Tenant's private property, barring any reservations of rights in the lease agreement, which are valid by law.

I honestly doubt, even in NYC, such a lease is valid

I don't know about now, but NYC public housing was gun-free, and residents were subject to searches looking for guns and dope. IIRC without a warrant.

And that's worked SO well to keep crime at bay in public housing.....
2 things:

1) Since when has NYC gov't been limited by petty concerns like Consitutionality?

2) He who pays the freight calls the shots, and 'public housing' is highly subsidized (one reason why it's a cesspool, you don't care for what you don't pay for).
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Greg wrote:
MarkD wrote:
BDK wrote:A) Almost certain state law will invalidate any such clauses in a private tenant lease - which means the LL's lawyer will be screaming at him to stop.

B) Pretty much, leased property is the Tenant's private property, barring any reservations of rights in the lease agreement, which are valid by law.

I honestly doubt, even in NYC, such a lease is valid

I don't know about now, but NYC public housing was gun-free, and residents were subject to searches looking for guns and dope. IIRC without a warrant.

And that's worked SO well to keep crime at bay in public housing.....
2 things:

1) Since when has NYC gov't been limited by petty concerns like Consitutionality?

2) He who pays the freight calls the shots, and 'public housing' is highly subsidized (one reason why it's a cesspool, you don't care for what you don't pay for).
No argument on either point. I was just pointing out that there IS a legal basis for forbidding people from possessing arms on rented property.

Not far from where I grew up in Staten Island there was a motel that was turned into a welfare motel. It started off pretty nice, some kids I knew would get day-passes to use the pool there. I'm sure it got some "daytime" use as well ifyouknowwhatImean. Once the welfare folks moved in it turned into an absolute shithole. As in wouldn't get in the pool for fear of contracting a disease they haven't even named yet, let alone found a cure for.
BDK

Post by BDK »

It was pure extrapolation on my part, but I'm guessing if you are one of the anointed, in BYC, no one can stop you from being armed. Of course, they aren't likely to live in public housing.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

BDK wrote:It was pure extrapolation on my part, but I'm guessing if you are one of the anointed, in BYC, no one can stop you from being armed. Of course, they aren't likely to live in public housing.
Yes, there are a few carry permits issued to non-LEOs in NYC. Donald Trump, Robert DeNiro and David Wright (NY Mets player) have them.

Most of the carry licenses in NYC are limited carry, a businessman for instance can carry only when he's taking his money to the bank. Or premise, where you can have the gun in your home, but can't take it out except to go to the range.