Mugger brings no knife to an @$$-whupping

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Aesop

Mugger brings no knife to an @$$-whupping

Post by Aesop »

Strawweight fighter Monique Bastos was on the way for her jiu-jitsu training with two friends in Acailandia, Brazil, on Tuesday night, when two men attacked her. They wanted their phones, but they had no idea Bastos was an MMA fighter.

"I was going to my jiu-jitsu training when they arrived on a motorcycle and said they wanted our phones," Bastos told MMAFighting.com. "I tried to hold my phone, and I realized they were not armed. When they tried to escape, I lifted the rear wheel of the bike and they fell on the ground. The guy who took my phone ran away, but I was able to get the other one."

Bastos, who has six professional MMA fights on her record and a few jiu-jitsu matches and muay thai bouts, got him into a rear-naked choke and took him to the sidewalk, where she locked a triangle choke and waited for the police.

Wesley Sousa de Araujo was arrested 15 minutes later.
Linky

The cellphone video shot at the scene by bystanders shows the jackwagon she was able to pounce on getting worked over for those 15 minutes while he cries like a girl and pleads for mercy, while the crowd goes through his wallet and his other victim roundly bitches him out until the police rescue him from the clutches of his (106-115)-pound would-be victim.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bastos is now 2-0 in mugging attempts in her neighborhood.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Weetabix

Re: Mugger brings no knife to an @$$-whupping

Post by Weetabix »

:twisted: :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

:lol:

I'm sure his cellmates are going to be SO impressed with his butch manliness :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

She's still out her cell phone, so it's not a perfect ending.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Denis

Post by Denis »

Priceless. Too bad the goblin 2 got away with her phone. Hopefully they recovered enough from goblin 1's wallet to compensate her.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Or they get the dentist of Goblin 2 from Goblin 1. As for his jailhouse rep, yeah, he's gonna be somebody's bitch. :twisted:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

thats funny , nice.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.