Killed in NJ waiting for a gun permit

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Greg

Re: Killed in NJ waiting for a gun permit

Post by Greg »

It's worse than that.

She was killed outside, in her driveway. Even if she had managed to buy a gun no chance she would have had it with her - no carry.

There have been a couple of occasions I've pondered buying a Dane axe to keep in the car.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

There's a problem in NJ bureaucracy. It takes over a year to be licensed as a professional engineer, even with NCEES certification, multiple licenses elsewhere, and providing 11 of the 5 required personal references.

I've lost track, Greg - when do you escape?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:There's a problem in NJ bureaucracy. It takes over a year to be licensed as a professional engineer, even with NCEES certification, multiple licenses elsewhere, and providing 11 of the 5 required personal references.

I've lost track, Greg - when do you escape?
:lol: :lol:

My wife could probably tell you exactly how many days, but to me it's just under a month.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

But at least her ex boyfriend wasn't harmed in the altercation.

And this won't show up on anyone's radar. The problem in NJ is "gun violence", it's mentioned daily in the local media. She was stabbed, so that's not gun violence, so it's OK. Had she shot the bastard that would have been gun violence, which would have been bad.

This is what happens when kids are suspended for defending themselves against bullies. You make the defender the equal of the attacker, and it's easier for the government to prevent defenders than it is to prevent attackers because the defender will probably obey the law and not get a proper weapon for self defense until/unless the law says they can.