Fixing up the MedKit

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
The Wizard

Fixing up the MedKit

Post by The Wizard »

So, with all of the wonderful news in the world now days I have been looking to update/expand/upgrade my household medical supplies, does anyone have opinions on what a home kit should include? I know the basics like band aids, aspirin, alcohol pads, etc but what are some other things I should keep on hand?
If it helps, I'm no Aesop or Doc Russia but I was a CLS back in the day and the GF use to be a nurse. I haven't done any IVs, NPAs or really anything other than relocating a couple shoulders and putting band aids on since '09 and she's been out of the game since 2000.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
skb12172

Re: Fixing up the MedKit

Post by skb12172 »

If anyone makes a list, please include the obvious, like aspirin, bandaids, etc. Might as well leave no stone unturned. I'd rather have too much info, than take the risk of something obvious being left out.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Termite

Post by Termite »

I have several first aid kits. But the one I carry when I go out cutting firewood, ESPECIALLY if I'm alone, has pressure bandages and tourniques that can be administered by myself with no assistance.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
evan price

Post by evan price »

A few gloves in individual packs or sealed in zip locks. Alcohol wipes. Tweezers. Clotting powder. Razor blade.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Linky.

Nice printable list.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Thanks for the links, looks like I have some reading to do
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782