Skinny man problems

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Precision

Re: Skinny man problems

Post by Precision »

I probably have a little more meat although I weigh less. 5"9 (on a good day) and 150# right now.

I wear a paddle holster version of a serpa II (3:30) with a full sized Glock -22. Completely comfortable. I wear a slightly oversized shirt untucked. I print a bit, but most people think it is my cell phone. Gun on strong side, phone on weak side, sometimes extra mag on belt behind cell phone.

That particular set up has been on person for multiple days in a row with 16 hours of contact time with no discomfort.

IWB is not usually comfortable for me for the reasons you state.

I have been considering buying one of these.

http://kangaroocarry.com/products/air-marshal3

Damn firing put that on hold.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I've had one of those Kangaroos 5 or 6 years now and wear it around the place a lot since (this being SoCal); usually with my 2" Taurus 85UL. I pretty much live in gym shorts year round from the time I get home.

Works good as a drive rig too.

More comfortable than a belly band, esp in warm weather. A tee or wife beater under it works better but that's a mixed blessing when it gets hot out.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

Hmmm....really like the look of the wilderness belts...and the zero concealment holster. I might have to give both of those a try. Looks like the zero's are on hiatus for a bit though.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

blackeagle603 wrote:I've had one of those Kangaroos 5 or 6 years now and wear it around the place a lot since (this being SoCal); usually with my 2" Taurus 85UL. I pretty much live in gym shorts year round from the time I get home.

Works good as a drive rig too.

More comfortable than a belly band, esp in warm weather. A tee or wife beater under it works better but that's a mixed blessing when it gets hot out.
What do you wear over it?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

And back to the original post... Did we ever get a later range report on Doc Russia's JJ Racaza (sp?) rig? That looked like it could be promising.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

snap western shirt or polo shirt (can reach in the unbuttoned neck).

SmartCarry tonight/at the moment. The workout t-shirt I'm wearing with gymshorts is bit tight/undersize for either the kangaroo or a bellly band.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

blackeagle603 wrote:SmartCarry tonight/at the moment. The workout t-shirt I'm wearing with gymshorts is bit tight/undersize for either the kangaroo or a bellly band.
I have one of those I got at a flea market (I've washed it!) that I've not tried yet. What's the largest firearm you can comfortably carry in that?
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

depends on the pants. this one is sized for my 1911/BHP. Put my 38 in it around the house in gym shorts. A bit oversize/sits a bit deep for that but works.