911 puts on hold during violent break in

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Vonz90

911 puts on hold during violent break in

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/13/fl ... latestnews

....shoots one of the bad guys anyway.
Aesop

Re: 911 puts on hold during violent break in

Post by Aesop »

If there's a home invasion in progress and you're armed, the only reason to call 911 is to come pick up the bodies.
And you call after the shooting stops.
Even odds the dispatcher was a protected minority, and will receive a stern finger waving, but no other penalties or corrective discipline.

Given that this is FL, it's a pity the one he shot got away, instead of being taken out for a midnight gator-feeding expedition. 8-)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

They tell the story around here, about a couple of punks breaking into a man's tractor shed in the wee small hours of the morning. Owner calls 911, and is told will be 20-30 minutes before some member of the local constabulary arrives. Owner hangs up the phone.

Five minutes later, Owner calls 911 again, tells them that there's no rush, because he'd shot both of the misguided choirboys, and they were deader than canned mackerel.

Five minutes after that, THREE county sheriff's cars pulled up in Owner's driveway, and find both choirboys zip-tied together, both alive and well. Deputy said "They told us you'd killed them!"

Owner says, "S'alright, they told me it's be a half hour before ya'll got here."
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

First Shirt wrote:They tell the story around here, about a couple of punks breaking into a man's tractor shed in the wee small hours of the morning. Owner calls 911, and is told will be 20-30 minutes before some member of the local constabulary arrives. Owner hangs up the phone.

Five minutes later, Owner calls 911 again, tells them that there's no rush, because he'd shot both of the misguided choirboys, and they were deader than canned mackerel.

Five minutes after that, THREE county sheriff's cars pulled up in Owner's driveway, and find both choirboys zip-tied together, both alive and well. Deputy said "They told us you'd killed them!"

Owner says, "S'alright, they told me it's be a half hour before ya'll got here."
Sounds good to me!!! Turned a Priority 3 call into a Priority 1 call right away!!! ;) ;) :D :P
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

"911 operator fat-fingers transfer button" is a lot more boring than "911 operator puts caller on hold" I guess.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jericho941 wrote:"911 operator fat-fingers transfer button" is a lot more boring than "911 operator puts caller on hold" I guess.
For the one calling for help, it does not really make a difference.
Precision

Post by Precision »

home invasion equals gunfire. Period.

first off, that is a violent action by definition and violent people only understand violence right back

second, in Florida, if you violently enter my home, it is presumed BY LAW that you are trying or at least willing to kill me and I should kill you right back

Third, dead home invaders do NOT become repeat offenders - I am protecting the less prepared and able.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/