Mother of 2 shot, killed during Orange County home invasion

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
308Mike

Mother of 2 shot, killed during Orange County home invasion

Post by 308Mike »

From Florida, he gave them what they wanted but they killed her anyway (so much for the libtard's advice of just give them what they want and they'll go away):
Posted: 5:43 a.m. Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Police ID mother of two shot, killed during Orange County home invasion

YolizMarie DeJesus Borrero

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — Investigators are pulling all their resources in an effort to identify three men accused of shooting a woman during a home invasion robbery in Orange County on Wednesday.

Orange County deputies said the three men burst into a home on Millrace Court and shot YolizMarie DeJesus Borrero in front of her two children and boyfriend.

Deputies said the men, who were Hispanic, went to the house and forced their way in as the owner opened the door.

Investigators said the men told John Michael DeJesus they would shoot his girlfriend if he didn't give them the money stored in a safe, authorities said.

Deputies said DeJesus gave them the money, but the robbers still shot and killed Borrero and then fled.

"Now we have female who's dead, in her 20s. Who wouldn't want to catch those guys and put them in jail?" said Jeff Williamson of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Investigators said they don't believe it was a random attack. Channel 9 found deputies are looking into whether drug involvement may have been a factor, but the sheriff's office has not confirmed that information at this time.

"Who he knew, any relation to the victim and the suspect, right now, I'm not sure they're ready to release that. I'm not even sure if they know that as a fact yet," said Williamson.

Channel 9 was there Wednesday as dive crews prepared to search a retention pond near the home for a possible murder weapon.

"I'm shocked," said neighbor George Calez. "I'm surprised. Being here eight years, I've never experienced anything like that."

Anyone with details is asked to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS (8477).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
HTRN

Re: Mother of 2 shot, killed during Orange County home invas

Post by HTRN »

I strongly suspect this is a robbery of a drug operation, especially after reading them demanding money in a safe..

Same sort of thing happened not to far from here a few years ago, where they got away with 25 grand in cash.. Big surprise, turned out to be connected to somebody selling weed in volume.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

And in due regard of Detective School 101:
When a woman is killed, look at the closest male significant other.

Even odds dope dealer bf had himself robbed and her capped, because he was tired of her sh*t, needed an alibi with Big Boss for why the money was gone, or both.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Which goes to the greatest concern I have about home safes...

Whether it's crooks or cops -- if they have you at gunpoint and insist you open it, you're pretty well hosed.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

It also points even more to inside job: presumably they didn't have the thing under spotlights in the center of the living room.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Boyfriend arrested on drug charges:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/woman- ... n/25730854
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Netpackrat wrote:Boyfriend arrested on drug charges:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/woman- ... n/25730854
BIG SURPRISE (NOT)!!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Greg

Post by Greg »

blackeagle603 wrote:Which goes to the greatest concern I have about home safes...

Whether it's crooks or cops -- if they have you at gunpoint and insist you open it, you're pretty well hosed.
Very closely related to rubber hose cryptography.

http://xkcd.com/538/
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

blackeagle603 wrote:Which goes to the greatest concern I have about home safes...

The safe isn't to protect your stuff while you are at home. If your guns are locked up in the safe, and a home invader has you at gunpoint, you are doing it wrong.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop