Summer carry. Whatcha using?

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Rich Jordan

Re: Summer carry. Whatcha using?

Post by Rich Jordan »

JAG2955 wrote: Maybe instead of a metal strip, make a long, heavily reinforced button hole?
I think that would make it harder to "reholster", but otherwise would work. Maybe if the reinforcement was strong enough, like a thin strip of leather or heavy canvas on the lower lip of the button hole. Something to think about.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Rich Jordan wrote:
JAG2955 wrote: Maybe instead of a metal strip, make a long, heavily reinforced button hole?
I think that would make it harder to "reholster", but otherwise would work. Maybe if the reinforcement was strong enough, like a thin strip of leather or heavy canvas on the lower lip of the button hole. Something to think about.
If you have to unholster it for anything other than securing it while you're in the head, odds are good that you'll be setting it down and letting the officer responding to your defensive shooting take it into evidence.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Cybrludite wrote: If you have to unholster it for anything other than securing it while you're in the head, odds are good that you'll be setting it down and letting the officer responding to your defensive shooting take it into evidence.
In the second to worst case scenario, yes, but being able to safely and relatively unobtrusively reholster is certainly a benefit as long as it doesn't interfere with actual usage.

I wish that was an option for a somewhat larger and more capable pistol. Other than the P32 I'm not sure which of my other handguns would work in the role; most of them are full size except the Makarov (which I at least have a good IWB holster for). I may end up looking for a new piece once I have my permit (which is waiting on having a non-work or family consumed weekend for the training courses)
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Has anyone tried any of the Sneaky Pete holsters? Regarding ankle carry/holsters, I've only used them for backup guns for the reasons stated above.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Jered

Post by Jered »

I've started carrying an H&K P2000.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.