Detroit man, 82, attacks home invasion suspect w hammer

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
308Mike

Detroit man, 82, attacks home invasion suspect w hammer

Post by 308Mike »

Not something I'd recommend unless you can catch the suspect by surprise:
Detroit man, 82, attacks home invasion suspect with hammer
Published March 11, 2014 | FoxNews.com

George Bradford, 82, said after he told the intruder inside his home to leave and the man refused, he “let him have it.” (MyFoxDetroit.com)

An 82-year-old Detroit man attacked a home invasion suspect with a hammer Sunday after the intruder refused to leave his property, MyFoxDetroit.com reported.

George Bradford told the station that he woke up to the screams of his daughter and granddaughter after someone broke into the home through a basement window.

Bradford "could hear him walking up the stairs" and said he went into his kitchen to fetch a hammer. When the intruder refused to leave, Bradford said he "let him have it."

"He asked me not to kill him," said Bradford. who hit the intruder once with the hammer.

Detroit police officers then arrived at the scene and say they found a man in his 30s in the front living room area with blood dripping from his head.

The suspect, 33, was treated by medics at the scene, then arrested for home invasion and taken into custody.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
skb12172

Re: Detroit man, 82, attacks home invasion suspect w hammer

Post by skb12172 »

Never mess with an old man. He feels too bad to fight, so he'll just kill you. :twisted:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Points for courage and constructive improvisation. Recommend either heavier hammer any type or ripping hammer in 20 oz. range.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Damn.
I'm sooooooo disappointed the homeowner's first name wasn't Maxwell.

And I want to send him one of these.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

a 20 oz framing hammer just doesn't have the same acceleration and snap a hammer in the 12 oz range does.
A straight claw, though, is definitely a requirement.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Time for a new thread on best hammer for home defense?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

I am a rubber mallot type of man myself. I want to let the man on the receiving end know he dun fukt up.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

There's nothing like a good piece of hickory.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Look at that picture. Doesn't he look like exactly the type of no-nonsense, old man that you should definitely NOT f##k with? :twisted:

I swear, he could be one of about a half dozen geezers in my neighborhood, any of whom would give you the shirt off their backs, yet would shoot you without hesitation if you crossed the line. 8-) :lol: