Righteous Shooting in my AO

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
JAG2955

Righteous Shooting in my AO

Post by JAG2955 »

It was a home invasion in my neck of the woods, less than a quarter mile from where my Master Sergeant lives.

http://www.jdnews.com/jdnewstream/ocso- ... 2159?tc=cr

Homeowner scored one for two of the geniuses that broke in at 1930 local time on a Sunday. They pointed a 20 gauge shotgun at him, and he ventilated him with a .22lr revolver. Now granted, this is not in the best part of the town, and if I had to guess, the drugs they were looking for probably weren't of the prescription variety. Judging from the photo of the deceased choir boy, it's not his first run in with the law.

Nonetheless, I'll have to find a spot within arm's reach of the couch to stash a pistol. There's one about ten feet away in two directions, but I'd like one I can grab from seated.
Jered

Re: Righteous Shooting in my AO

Post by Jered »

You're a noob. I have two pistols and a shotgun in arm's reach of my desk.

And...yes. Someone has been shot in a home invasion down the street from me.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
First Shirt

Re: Righteous Shooting in my AO

Post by First Shirt »

In my neck of the woods, someone who gets killed while performing a home invasion is listed as a suicide.

Of course, everybody keeps a weapon handy, 'cause the coyotes are always getting in amongst the chickens, and so forth.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom